Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix S issues

I have a Phoenix S silver machine & I am having trouble getting the machine to run. When I push the start button the first time eveything is fine. The problem is when the machine is on the lane & I push the button the second time it doesnt always start. This happens about 5 times in the course of oiling 16 lanes. Pressing the up arrow does nothing. Sometimes pulling the machine on the approach & putting it back on the lane will get it to work, but usually we have to "do the menu" as if it were the first lane. Also, Ive noticed that when it doesnt run #10 on the input module is not lit. Thanks.
    "It's a great day for hockey." - "Badger" Bob Johnson

Does the silver box mach. have the bank of output relays in the comp? I swapped the drive motor relay with the vac motor,so you will know right away if the relay is intermittent.(vac will start intermit.)

Comment

Are you getting an error? look to see if the input for the start button is working. I don't recall what input #10 is.
      Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
      Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
      Cloth: ShamWow!
      Machine: Johnny 5
      Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Using the up and down arrows should bypass the handle switch.

Comment

The down arrow does nothing, the up arrow is the override for the start button.
          Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

The duster, squeegy, and buffer switches have to send a signal that they are in the proper position before the machine will run. you swhould be able to check all thru the input/output menu.

Comment

#10 is your duster up switch. technically it shouldn't be on after you press the start button the first time. Depending on your machine (age/software version), it may or may not be looking for the duster down switch. If it's not running it should be displaying an error. So a little more detail is needed here. But I would look to see if
              1. start button is operating.
              2. the duster is NOT binding
              3. the squeegee motor is not loose, weak, or coasting
              4. check that the buffer is not binding
              5. check drive outputs, forward, reverse, and speeds.

I would start there.

Comment

This morning I ran the machine with the cover off. #7 (squeegee) should light after start is pressed the first time. It is not lit the times the problem occurs. I noticed there is a lot of slop in the cam. Is some slop normal? Also, there are no error messages.

Comment

Slop can cause an incorrect signal to be or not be sent causing a malfunction. Sounds like you're on the right track.

Comment

am i looking at an adjustment or replacement?

Comment

Sounds like replacing the motor is in your near future. I'm guessing that you press the start button the first time and #7 lights up indicating that the squeegee is down. Once you put it on the lane #7 turns off and now the Machine thinks the squeegee is not down and won't start.

Comment

You may be able to adjust around this for the time being but you definitely need a new squeegee motor. Not too difficult to change. If you need help just ask.
                        (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

Reviving an old thread with questions about my Pheonix S mdl C, have problems similar to the original posters from years ago (that's why I love this site and the search feature)... I have had to constantly tinker with my squeegee settings to get lanes cleaned. Squeegee blade themselves are only a few months old. I notice that there is a ton of play in the squeegee cam. I also have one of the motor mounting screws loosened a bit, when I tighten that mounting screw the cam will run right past the lower switch leaving the squeegee up. The cam is basically lopsided as it rotates. I am assuming I am in need of an entire replacement? Any help appreciated.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse