Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no slide pin spot

Just curious if anyone is using Pinsetter Parts Plus No-Slide Pin Spots? I just installed 2 lanes worth to test out. I'm wondering how long they will last, did you notice higher or lower scores, more 10 and 7 pins, any known problems with them?

Thanks for your input....

Casey

If you get the lane clean you do not need them

Comment

Check out this link http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...No-slide-spots
      (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

This is one of the few times Jerry and I agree

I'll add to what Jerry is trying to say. If your lane machine is working properly and you are using you lane conditioner properly you don't need them. If you have a good chemical to surface match-up, proper front-to-back pattern taper, good cleaner ratio, good and properly adjusted cleaning section on your lane machine then your pindeck should be clean enough to prevent oot-of-ranges/off-spots. Even if the bottom ring sticks out from the bottom of the pin.

Do the pinspots work? yes they do. But you shouldn't need them. If you decide you do need them, you don't need them on the 2-3 spots.
        Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
        Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
        Cloth: ShamWow!
        Machine: Johnny 5
        Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

im with Alex and Jerry. personally, i don't think you need them if you are getting the pindeck clean. i do know that the head guy at the center i'm at has them in a few lanes. i still get calls where I have to respot pins, so i don't see what the point of havin them is really.
          [email protected] | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Comment

Originally posted by shamefowjze View Post
            This is one of the few times Jerry and I agree
            You will drink the Kool -Aid sooner or later

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
              Just curious if anyone is using Pinsetter Parts Plus No-Slide Pin Spots? I just installed 2 lanes worth to test out. I'm wondering how long they will last, did you notice higher or lower scores, more 10 and 7 pins, any known problems with them?

Thanks for your input....

Casey
              I totally recommend them. They will last about 2 years depending on your linage. They come in a pack of 9, so the headpin doesnt get one. Does it totally eliminate OOR's? No, but you can expect it to eliminate them by 90%.
              If it cant be fixed with a hammer, use a bowling pin.

Comment

The ball tracking oil the the deck is not the only thing you hasve to worry about. The pins are a bigger consideration when it comes to getting the deck oily. The ball oils up the carpet then the pins oil up the deck. You will need NSPS if you want to beat the problem. The pin will fall easier with NSPS since the pin gets hit and the base will not move. I have run the in a very high linage center for 2 years and like them. Some machines have spotting issues once put down and have to be readjusted due to the fact that the pin will not slide on the deck during spotting. So dont put them down at 5:30 just before practice.

Comment

Originally posted by SweepCam View Post
                  The ball oils up the carpet then the pins oil up the deck. You will need NSPS if you want to beat the problem.
                  Or you could change out carpet covers or clean your pit carpets.
                  Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
                  Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
                  Cloth: ShamWow!
                  Machine: Johnny 5
                  Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Casey..........I maintain a 40 lane center with average monthly lineage running around 25-30,000 games. I have HPL and have no problem keeping them squeaky clean however i still chase the dreaded O/S problem. I did buy several packs of the "NSPS" and honestly didn't notice a major change over the last 8 months in the lanes that had them and those that did not. One thing I'm also noticing is their ability to hold up to constant pounding. I've replaced about a dozen in the last 3 months due to cracking. Sorry....I have to give them a thumbs down at this point. The cost just isn't justified.

Comment

Originally posted by 8270king View Post
                      If you get the lane clean you do not need them
                      i agree! the HM likes them, i just don't think the lane machine cleans very well...
                      [email protected] | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Comment

Doing a strip only would be a dead give-away.
                        I can't even spell Brunsw-ick anymore!!!

Comment

Casey,Order two sets and test them out on a pair first. I tried them in two different centers. One center they didn't work, the pins kept falling over. It was due to the Brunswick machines not being raised after the synthetic lane install. The initial cost is a big deterrent for me. I use Legends pin deck treatment, made by a company called Lane Masters. I spray it on the pindeck once a week. I have noticed that the calls for OOR/off spot pins has gone down even further since we got our new walker, and switched to Kegel products.. Not everybody can freely choose the conditioner and cleaner they want to use, or how much conditioner is applied to the lane. I asked to switch to Prodigy when we were using Utopia years ago. I was denied, but was allowed to switch to Reactor instead. When the new machine arrived we ran it with Prodigy, and Formula ACC cleaner at a 4:1 mix for the first month we had it. When we switched to Defense-c at a 7:1 mix the bowlers commented at how much MORE the ball snapped at the back of the lane! We are mixing the cleaner 80% thinner! Your profile says you have a Kustodian, might be time to check the cleaner pump output volume. The neporene pump tubing should be replaced annually, of if the output volume drops too low.
                          Last edited by mikeb; 10-04-2012, 03:37 PM.

Comment

So Mike, Are you still spraying pindecks? I thought this stuff needed to be applied daily.
                            I can't even spell Brunsw-ick anymore!!!

Comment

The Kegel NPS product needs to be applied every day, or every other day because it is water based. The legends Product not as often. I use the legends once a week during the fall/winter season, and every two weeks in the summer. It has not changed, now that I have the Kustodian Walker, from when I had the Summit-s. Although the amount I use now has gone down, not just because the new walker cleans better, but because the guy who liked to make puddles with the stuff transferred.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse