Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaky drive motor

I have the kustodian walker and the tenpin side drive motor has thick oil all over it that has the consistancy of thick gearbox oil. Has anyone experienced this and what is the remedy? Waiting on a call back from Kegel. The brushes were dry but the oil is all around where one of them is located. We also have been having the machine shut off and power back up while running. Random, sometimes on the approach, sometimes on the lane.
    Charley
    82-70's SS Chassis Omega-Tek w/expanders
    2009 Qubica scoring 3QT's and 6 box.

the gear oil in the gear box portion of the gear motor is leaking into the electrical compartement. I had this happen to the drive motor for my ion. Probably need to replace the oil seals and o ring. I think kegel sells a kit for this or you can get the stuff locally after you take the motor apart. If your leak was that bad, you might have to add more oil to the gearbox...Im not sure what oil is used in these gearboxes.....maybe if someone knows they can chime in. Then clean out the oil from the electrical compartment, put it back together and it should work.

Mine developed a leak again months later. I could see a slight wobble in the shaft and the oil was coming out of the drive shaft oil seal. I mixed some grease into the oil to make it a bit higher viscosity and prevent future leaks and it has been fine so far.
    Nick

Comment

They are checking into the part numbers for seals and oil for me. The good thing is my boss's brother in law owns a center here in town and he has a spare machine that we can borrow if anything happens.
      Charley

Comment

Bump... Well we're finally replacing the seals, but getting the motor out looks tricky.
        Charley

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
        Working...
        X