Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information gathering

I've been instructed to look at oil machines should some money come available within the next fiscal year. We have 20 lanes and have had a Kustodian Plus since 2004. I don't see anything wrong with the old machine and I've replaced a lot of parts on it over the last few years. The first machine that comes to mind is the Ion Sport. Same guts as the Plus but with better features (and a touch screen instead of the keypad). A local house has it and they love it and as a league bowler there, I seldom see any difference in the condition between lanes. Was wondering if anyone else thinks this would be the way to go, or has a suggestion for a different machine. Also, what price figure are we lookin at if we go with the Ion or Walker?
    GSX Noob

I would buy the Walker - same as the Ion - set it down...push buttons...and watch it work!

Comment

I wouldn't mind a Walker but I think it would be overkill for a 20 lane house. Also, we have gaps between every four lanes. Would that affect how the Walker 'learns' the house?
      GSX Noob

Comment

Walker can skip the spaces - I have one with 16 lanes - not overkill

Comment

As long as the approach does not have wood missing for a walkway it can walk around a pole in the middle of it on lane x and your installer will help you initial setup of the gaps.Then you can marvel about how friggin cool this thing is!!! You can start at 1 or 20 and it will just know what to do
          70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
          Prolane Walker sport

Comment

If the money is there - a walker is good to have (and I have 2 of them) While the machine is running you can be doing something else (besides watching it) We have a pre league program of cycling the machines, checking for a list of things that are mostly visual checks and "listening" checks. About the time you spend one one machine, the walker is done doing the next lane. Plus it does save us on not having someone up there have to move tha machine and the cord.

Marty - Pro Bowl West
            56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
            2 Kustodian Walkers
            http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/a2mechanic

Comment

I have eliminated some hours that we needed two people here before leagues - start the machine and have help in later - the machine will pay for itself

Comment

Originally posted by PKMech View Post
                I wouldn't mind a Walker but I think it would be overkill for a 20 lane house. Also, we have gaps between every four lanes. Would that affect how the Walker 'learns' the house?
                I felt the same way... we have a 24 lane house and a 16 lane. Put Walkers in both and I think it was a good choice.
                Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!

Comment

I think this might have been discussed recently, but I kind of forget. Can the walker be programmed to burn the first pair and then go back and run all the lanes?

Comment

Yes - they will burn the first pair if you program it to do so

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X