Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaner tank filter

Hello all,

Anyone been seeing these cleaner tank filters crack...I have found a few like this so far...

cleaner tank filter.jpg

Mike
    DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

If you thread the fitting into the filter too far, it will crack.
    Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
    Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
    Cloth: ShamWow!
    Machine: Johnny 5
    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

would you be able to use the oil filter with the brass fitting in place of the plastic one?
      Nick

Comment

Originally posted by shamefowjze View Post
        I know what your saying Alex,

These cracks aren't something that happened right away, happened over time ?

But i will say i am a freak on getting them in to far i think...

MIke

Comment

Pipe thread is tapered and gets larger as it goes away from the end of the pipe causing it to crack, especially plastic female fittings.

Comment

You can not use the brass filter in the cleaner. Lane cleaners are aggressive and corrodes the brass. It gets ugly real fast.

Mike,
            This is what I do:
            2 wraps of teflon tape on the fitting, then I hand screw that into the filter hand tight, Then I snug it with a wrench and channel locks about 1/8 of a turn. For the filter I use 2 wraps of telfon tape and a bead of silicone around the threads at the beginning of the threads. I then screw that into the tank hand tight. It's a low pressure application so there is no need to get all guerrilla on it.
            Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
            Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
            Cloth: ShamWow!
            Machine: Johnny 5
            Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

You can not use the brass filter in the cleaner. Lane cleaners are aggressive and corrodes the brass. It gets ugly real fast.

Mike,
              This is what I do:
              2 wraps of teflon tape on the fitting, then I hand screw that into the filter hand tight, Then I snug it with a wrench and channel locks about 1/8 of a turn. For the filter I use 2 wraps of telfon tape and a bead of silicone around the threads at the beginning of the threads. I then screw that into the tank hand tight. It's a low pressure application so there is no need to get all guerrilla on it.
              Guess i better calm down my Guerrilla hands man..LOL.. I will keep that in memory Alex, Thanks for info bud

Mike

Comment

I've done it too Mike...even with my piano fingers and a little tape, I still managed to break it.
                Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

We call them Sausage Fingers here

Comment

Lol, we would then call the mystery bag fingers.
                    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                    Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

^

Comment

I had one crack on me about 3 months ago. Use some contact cement to fill in the crack after installing it. Haven't had a leak since. And yes I will be replacing it shortly, but haven't had any cleaner spray issues, so it isn't clogged up, so haven't needed to replace it.
                        You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

Originally posted by 8270king View Post
                          We call them Sausage Fingers here
                          Bannana fingers

Comment

IMG_0294.jpg IMG_0295.jpg IMG_0296.jpg IMG_0298.jpg IMG_0300.jpg

I have made this in line filter that uses the same brass filter from the lane machine. It filters the cleaner before it goes into the tank (I still have the plastic filter inside the cleaner tank). I have been using this for 1 yr. Prior to this i had made a cruder version that used the plastic filter and brass fittings, and all I notice is a discoloration of the inner surfaces of the brass in contact with the cleaner (turns black). This one was used for 3 years.

On a side note I haven't had to clean the inline filter of the cleaner tank filter since using my in line filter. I use judge cleaner mixed 1:10.
                            Last edited by Mechanick; 04-27-2012, 10:20 AM.
                            Nick

Comment

Nice dude

Mike

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X