Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pressure

We have a Sanction Standard AC and I know that the pressure is supposed to run around 10-15 PSI. Well ours will not go down. I have gotten it as low as 17 for the moment, but the warmer weather we are having is helping keep it down, but as soon as it gets a little cooler it jumps up to 21 or so. I was told to adjust the pump down and I have, but still not where its supposed to be. Besides shorting the line what else can we do to drop the pressure?
    It only took two years and two new owners to finally be allowed to come in and work on lanes before we open........

You must shorten the line - not by much - it is simple to do

Comment

Originally posted by 8270king View Post
      You must shorten the line - not by much - it is simple to do
      How much would you recommend?
      It only took two years and two new owners to finally be allowed to come in and work on lanes before we open........

Comment

Start off with an inch at most

Comment

I also suggest in the future you not listen to the person that told you to turn the pump down. That decreases the output amount. Pressure does not affect the output. The length of tubing you need to cut off depends on whether you're using 1/4 or 3/16" tubing. If you're afraid of cutting too much off do 1/2" at a time till you reach 15 PSI
          Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
          Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
          Cloth: ShamWow!
          Machine: Johnny 5
          Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

I've had SinPro (like water) at more than a foot and Utopia (thick)at an inch. (smaller tube)

Comment

I knew the lanes had played extremely dry for me today makes sense now. I have cut about 1 and 3/4 of an inch off. Ill be turning the pump back up tomorrow and I will snip a little more off the line. Thanks for telling me that before I ran it for league.

Comment

Do the volume test - get it correct - then dial in the pressure

Comment

These are all good tips. When I change tubing sizes I make a new tube. So I end up with many different sized tubes. You never know, in the future, you way want to go to one of the other sizes. Example: From summer to winter. Just a thought!
                  (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

Great idea Popeye

Comment

Thanks King!
                      (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

Pressure isn't really that big of an issue. Since pressure does NOT equal output, fluctuation can occur without any issues. I've set every machine I've worked on at 15. From Florida to Wisconsin, from Vermont to Washington and the variance between summer and winter pressure was not enough to justify the need for summer or winter tubing. Normal running pressure can range from 10-20 PSI.
                        Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
                        Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
                        Cloth: ShamWow!
                        Machine: Johnny 5
                        Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Originally posted by shamefowjze View Post
                          Pressure isn't really that big of an issue. Since pressure does NOT equal output, fluctuation can occur without any issues. I've set every machine I've worked on at 15. From Florida to Wisconsin, from Vermont to Washington and the variance between summer and winter pressure was not enough to justify the need for summer or winter tubing. Normal running pressure can range from 10-20 PSI.
                          I agree, We go from 60 to 75 degrees in the building. Mine will go as high as 24 when cold and 12 when real warm. My machines stay up front by the settee area to stay at a more room temp. Output is always the same at both pressures.

Comment

So what pressure is too high? Has anyone ever busted a tube? I was told to keep it above 12 psi but I always shoot for 15.

Comment

Everything is good to go on ours now. Ours would bounce between 17 & as high as 26 at one point. I have heard beyond 20 is bad, but with so many of them running that high I haven't heard of a busted tube yet. I wanted ours down so that we would not be the ones to experience the wonderful experience that that could be.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X