Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walker Reverse Travel Error

Here’s the scenario; on certain lanes she will make it to roughly the 5 pin and think she’s reached the end of the lane and return. Because she knows she’s reached the approach too early I get a reverse travel error. My first thought was the forward distance settings and/or reverse by duster setting. Although these settings haven’t been changed and were correct I followed an updated adjustment procedure given by a local distributer for machines that have had the buzzer disabled for the RBD update to re-do the settings, this had no effect.

It’s got me stumped because it was originally on one lane and has started to spread to others but is consistent on doing it on those specific lanes but only SOME of the time. I can only notice this had started not long after the RBD upgrade. If there was an issue with the LDS or its wheels I would suspect a forward travel error instead.

Thoughts?
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
    Kegel C.A.T.S

What is your lift duster set to? If its set to 0 then the stop by duster will be in play. If it is, try setting it to anything above zero so it only uses the LDS to stop the machine so you can rule this out.

If the duster is being used it may be worth swapping out the lower switches. In earlier machines Kegel had it written into the software to start looking for the dusters switches around the head pin so we could point to that immediately if the machine reversed early.
    I am not sure but it may be the same setup in the Walker so its looking at the duster switches for reverse just as its getting into the pindeck.

It used to be a damp switch that caused this before, not enough signal to trigger a duster error on the approach, but just enough for the PLC to see it in the deck.
    Technical Manager
    Bowltech UK Ltd

www.facebook.com/ross.gibson

Warning: The above post may contain sarcasm,

Comment

Awesome, it is set to use both to stop (0) so what you're saying would make sense. The stop by duster is set to 17...so if the switches are looked at by the PLC at the head pin it sounds about right for the machine to reverse by the time it reaches the 5 pin.

I'll check it out now. Thanks Ross.
      Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

It looks like we're up for a new cushion roller. I tested both duster switches and the responce was perfect. Based on the error frequency I was satisfied that the switches were functioning well.

I then stopped her on a lane without the velcro underneath and checked the clearance between the switch levers and and cushion roller arms and found that one side was JUST touching.

Until we receive the new roller I've adjusted the switch lever slightly away from the roller arm.

Thanks again Ross
        Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

The Walkers look for the duster just like the old silver boxes with the duster down switches did. Good call Ross.
          Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
          Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
          Cloth: ShamWow!
          Machine: Johnny 5
          Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Update...

The difference between old and new, approximately 1/2".

I've installed a duster relief relay and mercury switch to automatically loosen the duster cloth upon lifting to the transport position. Instead of turning off the machine before lifting, we will now turn it off after lifting (or on then off after lifting, prior to storage). This allows the added mercury switch to activate the duster down relay until a duster up switch changes state. The result is just enough slack on the cloth to keep the roller away from the up stops, but not so much that it is resting on the down stops. The reason is the roller axial pins are plastic, I don't like the idea of the roller only being supported by the plastic pins alone and the roller leaning so far out of the machine.

Last edited by Kanga (James); 05-12-2012, 08:30 AM.
            Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
            Working...
            X