Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kustodian + issue..going off pindeck

Hello

I used to use bowl-tech many moons ago and now i'm back on. Been doing lanes since I was 18 and i'm now 31 and i'm stumped with an issue i'm having. Came back to a bowling center I used to work at and now i'm "the lane guy" lol. Asked some of the employees as to what is the main problems they've been having..ball returns and misc respots. No OOR's since all pinsetters have automatic oor kits installed to the detectors. First thing I checked..is the lane machines cleaning the lanes and pindecks properly. We have 2 K+ machines..I believe they're Model B or C since they have black plastic guards. The model I used before had silver covers for each item on the sides. Ran a few lanes with each machine..clean only..and the lanes are cleaning awesome except for they were leaving grey dirty lines of cleaner from the squeege just above the 7-8-9-10 pin spots. I adjusted the forward and reverse subtract distance one number at a time until the squeege went passed the edge of the pindeck..was at 24..now at 21. I also adjusted the Lift Duster setting from 12 inches to 0 inches so the wet duster cloth with clean the entire pindeck. You could tell the last 12 inches of the pindecks were kinda nasty so that's why I changed that. After doing this I've noticed the ball calls and misc respot calls have come down alot! The one problem i'm having is that one of the machines will go off the pindeck and stop causing a T2 error or reverse travel error. So I have to go down and pull the lane machine a little and hit start button. It feels like to me..it's going a little too far and the drive wheels go off the pindeck. So I set the forward and reverse subtract distance from 21 to 22..and that cures the problem of it from going off the pindeck BUT now its leaving the dirty cleaner lines again right at the edge of the pindeck. I dont want the dirty cleaner lines left there after doing the lane but I also dont want to have to keep going down to the pindeck to pull the machine back onto the lane. This only happens about every 2-3 days and when it does it'll happen about 5-6 times on that day. I even asked the other guys if they're pushing the start button at correct times when starting the lane. One guy told me that the lane tech that installed the machines said..if you get dirty cleaner lines at the end of the pindeck to just push the machine a few inches out onto the lane then hit start. I find that to be really stupid thing to do when there is a setting for this!! Maybe since I adjusted the end cleaning distance farther and he's still pushing the machine out farther than just starting at the foul line..if that's why the machine goes farther after the end of pindeck. Here is what i've checked so far:

-LDS sensor red led lights up each time metal target passes and on the plc.
    -No binding in LDS shaft or rollers.
    -Cleaned metal target "spocket" and LDS (yellow).

Everything seems ok to me with all that. I did however check to see where the rear wall is stoppping. Sometimes its just past the 2-3 spots..sometimes in middle of 2-3 spots..it's different everytime on every lane I do. My other lane machine isn't having this issue as the settings are exactly the same. Please help me because i'm stumped!!

Thanks

You might have something with the one fellow starting the machine farther down. Did you establish the only start point on the lane for your guys? The reason I kinda side with this is that this was happening to me up at Columbia. I had one fellow who knew every bloody thing in the world, and to heck with me. So I let him be macho man and pull the machine out of the pit until he got tired of it.
    Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

Have you checked your speeds?
      Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
      Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
      Cloth: ShamWow!
      Machine: Johnny 5
      Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP300 View Post
        Hello

I used to use bowl-tech many moons ago and now i'm back on. Been doing lanes since I was 18 and i'm now 31 and i'm stumped with an issue i'm having. Came back to a bowling center I used to work at and now i'm "the lane guy" lol. Asked some of the employees as to what is the main problems they've been having..ball returns and misc respots. No OOR's since all pinsetters have automatic oor kits installed to the detectors. First thing I checked..is the lane machines cleaning the lanes and pindecks properly. We have 2 K+ machines..I believe they're Model B or C since they have black plastic guards. The model I used before had silver covers for each item on the sides. Ran a few lanes with each machine..clean only..and the lanes are cleaning awesome except for they were leaving grey dirty lines of cleaner from the squeege just above the 7-8-9-10 pin spots. I adjusted the forward and reverse subtract distance one number at a time until the squeege went passed the edge of the pindeck..was at 24..now at 21. I also adjusted the Lift Duster setting from 12 inches to 0 inches so the wet duster cloth with clean the entire pindeck. You could tell the last 12 inches of the pindecks were kinda nasty so that's why I changed that. After doing this I've noticed the ball calls and misc respot calls have come down alot! The one problem i'm having is that one of the machines will go off the pindeck and stop causing a T2 error or reverse travel error. So I have to go down and pull the lane machine a little and hit start button. It feels like to me..it's going a little too far and the drive wheels go off the pindeck. So I set the forward and reverse subtract distance from 21 to 22..and that cures the problem of it from going off the pindeck BUT now its leaving the dirty cleaner lines again right at the edge of the pindeck. I dont want the dirty cleaner lines left there after doing the lane but I also dont want to have to keep going down to the pindeck to pull the machine back onto the lane. This only happens about every 2-3 days and when it does it'll happen about 5-6 times on that day. I even asked the other guys if they're pushing the start button at correct times when starting the lane. One guy told me that the lane tech that installed the machines said..if you get dirty cleaner lines at the end of the pindeck to just push the machine a few inches out onto the lane then hit start. I find that to be really stupid thing to do when there is a setting for this!! Maybe since I adjusted the end cleaning distance farther and he's still pushing the machine out farther than just starting at the foul line..if that's why the machine goes farther after the end of pindeck. Here is what i've checked so far:

-LDS sensor red led lights up each time metal target passes and on the plc.
        -No binding in LDS shaft or rollers.
        -Cleaned metal target "spocket" and LDS (yellow).

Everything seems ok to me with all that. I did however check to see where the rear wall is stoppping. Sometimes its just past the 2-3 spots..sometimes in middle of 2-3 spots..it's different everytime on every lane I do. My other lane machine isn't having this issue as the settings are exactly the same. Please help me because i'm stumped!!

Thanks
        Run the mach. yourself and you will find out if it is operator error. If that is'nt possible then check where the oil starts by the foul line and see if there is a difference on the stuck lanes.

Comment

Sounds like someone is not admitting they are starting it different than anyone else....I hate that!

Comment

Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
            Sounds like someone is not admitting they are starting it different than anyone else....I hate that!

Oh yeah!!!! If the starting point is different, the stopping point will be different. Sounds like it's time for a lesson in honesty.

Comment

Thanks for your help everyone. All speeds are good..didnt have to adjust any trimpots. I did adjust the forward/subtract cleaning distance from 21 to 22 and lift duster setting from 0 to 1. I did this yesterday before doing the lanes and I didnt have any problems. I also replaced the forward travel relay thinking it might have been still closed making contact inside it when it was being told to turn off at end of the lane. So far so good.. (fingers crossed)

Chip

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
              Working...
              X