Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, About the burn pair....

So, I have been going through all of my recaps sheets from last year and it has become pretty clear that 1 and 2 (the night guy that runs the lanes had been just doing 1 and 2 twice every night without my knowledge ) had more high scores than any other pair in the house (16 lanes). So I was wondering what this means ? Is this due to the back end getting double cleaned ? Cleaner ratio ? Or, could it be that my oil volume (or pattern) has a hair too much and the buffer not being loaded ? Just kinda curious cause I this burn pair topic has become rather popular.

Qubica M.A.D. lanes
    K plus
    Absolute control
    Judge 8:1
    41 ft pattern

It's always good to burn a pair but not the same pair every day.
    I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Since you have intelligently listed your cleaning ratio...my guess is 8-1 is too weak

I would change to 6-1

And PH is correct.....you do not want to burn the same pair every day

With that being said - over 40% of our scores came on one pair

My guess is it is a combination of the cleaner being too weak...and the topography on 1/2 being the best for high scoring

Comment

I had instructed this employee long long ago to 1&2 first then the next day start on 3&4 then 5&6 and so on..... But this did not happen. Thanks PJ and King. Oh by the way king I really didnt wanna touch the pattern (you gave me ) I ended up last year at 229 after your help !!! And I will start 6:1 for a few weeks and see what happens.

Comment

Now remember.....in the summer when there is less play....if the lanes will hook more because there is less dirt and carrydown to clean.....

I would test out the stronger mix when you have summer league...and see how the lanes react....

Let us know!

Comment

When you first start running lanes don't run the same pair twice in a row. Start on a different pair every day & run a few pairs & then go back to the first pair you ran. ( example) If you start on 5&6 go to 1&2, 3&4, then do 5&6 agian and keep on going. Hope this helps!

Comment

I burn 4 lanes everyday start on 5 then go to 1. does anyone see a problim with that or is that overkill?

Comment

Overkill

With an Ion - no cord - you can burn any pair and go to 1/2

Monday do 3/4 then 1-20
                Tuesday do 5/6 then 1-20
                Wednesday do 7/8 then 1-20
                Thursday do 17/18 then 20-1

The object is to rotate the burn pair if possible and not make it the end pairs

You only want to double strip and oil one pair

Comment

tracyboy. I'm with you! I had a PBA sport league next to a hose pattern league last summer. The first pair of house pattern after the sport pattern wasn't exactly perfect, nor was the first pair of sport condition, the burn pair. I would suggest to anybody that wants to maintain the most exacting standards in lane consistency to do two pairs, not just one.

Comment

Originally posted by 8270king View Post
                    Overkill

With an Ion - no cord - you can burn any pair and go to 1/2

Monday do 3/4 then 1-20
                    Tuesday do 5/6 then 1-20
                    Wednesday do 7/8 then 1-20
                    Thursday do 17/18 then 20-1

The object is to rotate the burn pair if possible and not make it the end pairs

You only want to double strip and oil one pair
                    Jerry you and I have the Walker what do you recommend for that?
                    70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
                    Prolane Walker sport

Comment

I understand that you can not have the Walker automatically burn lanes...is that true?
                      TSM & TSM Training Development
                      Main Event Entertainment
                      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

You can. I don't know about the sport version, but for the non-sport it's the first pair of the run.
                        Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                        Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                        Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                        Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Kanga is correct....I have a couple days I will run 4-1 then start the machine machine on 3 and go across

Comment

We burn 2 lanes a day cause we have the old phoneix 8 wick. helps the wick absorb the oil and get going evenly. we run a 6-1 cleaner and it cleans the backside and the pin decks really good. use a little more cleaner but the oil holds awesome and with brunswick connect it really helps.

Comment

oops!
                              Last edited by mikeb; 11-12-2012, 04:13 AM. Reason: can't delet post!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X