Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Little Ion That Could?

I've found that in stressful times it is useful to use humor to get through situations that you have no control over. I'm pleased to find that another owner I have the pleasure to work with is in the same mind-set. During the hour drive home from my side job this little story came to mind helping me cope with the issues of the day and I would like to share it with you all. The owner of this small center was originally going to purchase a used wick machine and ended up ordering a re-furbished Kustodion Ion from Classic. I showed up soon after the machine was un-crated and based on the events that unfolded I came up with a BT bedtime story.

The Little Ion That Could?

Once upon a time there was a Little Ion Kustodion who had just barely started his life when he was no longer needed. He went back to the agency where he was given a clean bill of health and eventually a foster home was found. He was boxed up in a kennel along with handling instructions, spare parts and 'food'. During the trip to his new home he must have been hungry as he broke his restraints and consumed half of the 'food' that was sent along with him. Whether he was a sloppy eater or had a weak bladder we will never know. Either way the excess ended up all over his handling instructions and spare parts. We all know that under normal circumstances Kustiodions are gentle well-mannered beasts but apparently this one had a screw loose....or 2. His handler was there to show us the care and feeding and promptly took care of the loose screw(s) that had addled the brain during transport. Everything seemed to be ok until it was discovered that a major organ had failed (buffer motor). Presently the little ion is relegated to the ICU until a suitable organ donor is found and delivered to the center where the transplant will take place and we will find out if the little ion can....

To be continued.

Frustrating to have a new toy that you can't play with but nice to have a company that admits this is an issue, it will be looked into and resolved promptly.
    Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Awesome

Reading that made my day..LOL...
    DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Part 2:

Replacement organ (buffer motor) arrived and the operation went smoothly. Upon autopsy of the failed organ it was discovered that one of the brushes was missing.

Still trying to figure out where in the re-building/handling/crating all of this went wrong. I'm a little concerned about the motor drive board still having bent pins but the machine seems to operate perfectly. I really like the idea of a manual switch that lets you change between condition, clean & condition or clean only. To sum up everything that was wrong with the machine when it showed up.

1. Machine was not restrained properly when crated and during transit smashed open a conditioner bottle soaking the spare parts, manual and getting conditioner on/in the machine.

2. Relay/control board was not screwed down and bounced around during transit bending jumpers on the drive control board.

3. Buffer motor was missing one of the brushes.

I will say that everything got taken care of promptly and courteously and we are happy with the machine so far.
      Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

I had to print this and display it in my shop after reading. This really made my day. =D

Comment

The little Ion ran til it had no more juice left. Apparently it isn't charging properly. Jimmy and Jason from Classic drove all the way out from Cleveland and are still heading back to Toledo for a seminar tomorrow. Jimmy worked all day and the final conclusion is bad batteries. New batteries will arrive by Friday and once I get them put in I'll update once again. Both gentlemen were extremely helpful and it was a pleasure working with them. Jimmy installed a new drive motor control board, they brought us a brand new power cord to use if the situation ever arises (batteries were so dead it wouldn't run on the cord either) and a real nice dry erase maintenance chart.

Comment

New batteries got installed last friday. The old batteries were swollen and I was surprised to see nothing leaking. I ran the lanes yesterday with only a few volts dropped after running 9. I did notice that very rarely I hear a little bit of a chatter right when the machine is at the end of forward oiling. Wondered if it is the squeegee since it's new? It has only happened twice and always at the same spot on the lane. For about 4 seconds until it get under the machine.

Comment

The chatter is most likely your cushion roller hopping from friction

Mike
              DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERMIKE View Post
                The chatter is most likely your cushion roller hopping from friction

Mike
                Check for enough water, dry will chatter.

Comment

I noticed that if I was just a little off when setting the machine on the lane it sounded like something was shaking slightly....like maybe the cloth roll bounced. It was only after this that I noticed the noise and peeking under the lid before it went into the pit it was most definitely the cloth bouncing. Stripper is at 6:1. On a side note, they had the local minor league team "Slippery Rock Sliders" doing some sort of bowling night. 60 people bowling for 2 hours. Owner wanted me to drive out so nobody had to get moved. He was going to shadow me in the back and learn a few things. He got really bummed out as we only had 2 pinjams (he did get to clear one himself). We managed to get a clutch maintenance lesson in tho and everyone had a great time.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                  Working...
                  X