Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K+ Cleaning issues UGH !!

Recently i've changed the black tubing in cleaner pump cuz its been over a year since last changed. Afterwards I adjusted cleaner volume to 10ml with the 4x test. I also changed the dilution ratio of cleaner to 10:1 cuz I believe it was being diluted too weak. I also replaced squeege blades (blue). Since i've changed the blades I've noticed when the machine is finished it leaves a dirty drip of dark grey/black right in the middle of the lane on almost every lane and when I goto the next lane its almost a complete line of yuckness. This started imediately after I replaced the squeege blades. I made sure the blue silicone I used has a good tight seal and cured for 24 hours. I also flushed out all the grey hoses from vacuum to recovery tank and from recovery tank to squeege assembly. Everything is adjusted correctly and i'm lost!! I also noticed when the squeege goes off the end of the pindeck..some dirty cleaner has gotten onto my pitboards. Almost as if its being "flung" off the squeege as the squeege goes from being on the lane then to straight as it goes off the pindeck. What i'm thinking is if i'm having a suction issue of some sort. Recovery tank filters I change every month. I made sure all hoses were put back on correctly and tight with hose clamps. Made sure new bead of silicone was applied and let cure for 24 hours. This is happening to BOTH of my K+ machines and I cannot figure out why this is happening. Please help!

Thanks,
    CHIP

I don't know all the intricacies of your version but maybe this will help. Do you have a pause and suck feature? Is it on? And for how long? My machine has a feature where you can adjust the duster cloth to go up a distance before the squeegee does. Mine is set at 50. Let us know what you find.
    (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

Did you check your blade height after you changed them? Sounds like you are not getting a proper seal on the lane surface.
      Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

Adding to the above post, if you do a test clean on your lane, it will show you how well squeegee is contacting lane surface, and if it is removing product from lane. A properly adjusted squeegee assembly will clean a lane, even if vacuum motor is not working good or at all. It will just push it into pit, not recomendend of course. New Blue blades are pretty soft, and may need more crush in your instance. Sounds like you got everything else in order for machine cleaning operation.

Comment

K+ does NOT have pause and suck and my lift duster setting is set to 00. I have it off so the wet cloth will get cleaner on the entire lane. I have height set to 1/8" per service manual. Im lost..

chip

Comment

Just came to mind, there is a field repair kit for the squeegee motor mounting. This is a known prob from OEM.

Comment

Ran test clean a few times and it is for sure cleaning great. I even stopped the machine halfway and felt the lane beyond the blades and it was dry. Dirty cleaner is definately getting on my pit boards. Should I lower squeege blades to crush onto lane more?c

chip

Comment

What is this repair kit ??

chip

Comment

You might have to do a set while looking at the blade crush. I had to do this with our Ion, as we have a bit of a crown.

Comment

The repair kit I was able to get thru our set up guy.

Comment

I never heard of this repair kit. What is it repairing? The squeege motor seems fine to me

chip

Comment

What does this repair kit actually repairing? Seems the squeege motor is working fine for me

chip

Comment

Well, you just made me go look @ my Adjustment, and I am @ 3/16". Also, my trailing edge of the two blades is actually a little lower than the leading blade! The trailing blade is the last defense, make sure you measure off that. Technically they should be eventhough. Another thing, I actually adjust it out on the lane, not in the shop, i can see the blades deflecting on lane, and do the test clean to confirm. I actually use the maroon blades, I like that they are alittle stiffer.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP300 View Post
                            What does this repair kit actually repairing? Seems the squeege motor is working fine for me

chip
                            It would put the blade assy down, but tended to rock a bit, so the blades would not stay true.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKO View Post
                              Well, you just made me go look @ my Adjustment, and I am @ 3/16". Also, my trailing edge of the two blades is actually a little lower than the leading blade! The trailing blade is the last defense, make sure you measure off that. Technically they should be eventhough. Another thing, I actually adjust it out on the lane, not in the shop, i can see the blades deflecting on lane, and do the test clean to confirm. I actually use the maroon blades, I like that they are alittle stiffer.
                              We do the same, set the blades at 1/8 then do a test strip, and adjust on the lanes from there.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X