Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditioner Suggestions for Guardian

Good morning
    We have been having issues with dialing in a decent shot on our lanes. We have wood with 22' Guardian. We are currently using Offense HV with our Phoenix-S and no matter what we do the heads burn out quickly. This current Guardian is only 2 years old. We are thinking of changing conditioners but I wanted to get some feedback. What conditioner would you recommend for Guardian?

My recommendation for longevity would be Infinity by Kegel

It will last much longer than Offense HV

Offense HV is best for a lower friction surface

Comment

My center has guardian front ends and wood backends and Infinity
      It only took two years and two new owners to finally be allowed to come in and work on lanes before we open........

Comment

And be sure you dust the lanes...especially the Guardian section...as often as possible. Guardian is very susceptible to damage from dust on the surface. The damage will effect how well the surface will hold oil over time.
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Just a suggestion. Run a second program, heavy oil, head only, to the distance of the Guardian (22'), do not let the brush go past the end of the Guardian.

The combination of oil not liking to stick to Guardian, and the larger footprint of the contact area between the ball and Guardian being greater than wood finish all add up to the heads burning up quickly. Secondly, if the brush goes past the guardian it will dump oil on the wood as soon as the brush passes the Guardian. Wood finish accepts oil better than Guardian; hence 23' could have more oil than 21' (not good) because the brush loads up more on Guardian than on wood.

Good Luck
          Cliff Adair
          Director - Aftermarket, QubicaAMF Worldwide

Comment

Defense/S would be the best for durability. However it's a little more difficult to clean. I had one center with Guardian 22' using Offense/LV. (they were using a Phoenix pad machine) I set it up to start cleaning at 10 or 12'. Lanes held up all night and score were stupid high. Depending on your machine, it could be as simple as playing with the "start clean" distance.
            Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
            Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
            Cloth: ShamWow!
            Machine: Johnny 5
            Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
            Working...
            X