Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaner for synthetic lanes

Was curious what cleaner is everyone using for Brunswick Synthetic Lanes and how much do you dilute it with water. I'm currently using Zepride-E degreaser from company called ZEP and I don't like it. I'm using Brunswick Control lane oil with Kustodian Plus lane machines. All input is welcome :-)

Thanks,
    Chip

Chip, I am using Brunswick Invicible at a ratio of 6 to 1. I do like it. I even tested a Multi purpose cleaner from a distibutor , because it was free, and that performed well also. The product was Lan-glo, but i am still using Brunswick, to eliminate any variables with conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP300 View Post
      Was curious what cleaner is everyone using for Brunswick Synthetic Lanes and how much do you dilute it with water. I'm currently using Zepride-E degreaser from company called ZEP and I don't like it. I'm using Brunswick Control lane oil with Kustodian Plus lane machines. All input is welcome :-)

Thanks,
      Chip
      Cleaners specificallly made to remove lane conditioners are formulated to remove mineral oil and the additives they contain while leaving little residue. They also contain a flash additive that helps the solution dry quickly, remember, the machine is oiling 1/2 to 2 seconds after the squeegee does it's job. This additive can evaporate if the cleaner and solution is stored uncapped. While lane cleaners deteriorate the sealant used in the synthetic panels joints, I would be concerned about the damage that can be caused to the joint sealant, and worse yet, about the possible damage products not specifically formulated for removing lane oils
      can cause to the panels themselves if the sealant fails.

Comment

It is not prudent to use other chemicals to clean lanes - other than one made specifically for the job.

NeverSeenThat is 100% correct

Comment

Thanks for the input guys! We Just switched to Defense-CX4S and so far we love it! I do cap the container but never heard of capping the oil container? I just keep my funnel on the oil jug so it can drip out back into the jug

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP300 View Post
            Thanks for the input guys! We Just switched to Defense-CX4S and so far we love it! I do cap the container but never heard of capping the oil container? I just keep my funnel on the oil jug so it can drip out back into the jug
            If you do that you should at least cover the funnel with a rag so dust doesn't settle in the funnel, then into your conditioner and oil lines. Most lane conditioners contain IPA, which is used to adjust surface tension then meant to evaporate after it is applied to the lane. By leaving the Conditioner cap off the IPA can possibly evaporate thus not allowing the conditioner to work as formulated.
            Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
            Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
            Cloth: ShamWow!
            Machine: Johnny 5
            Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

O wow thanks for info cuz I didnt know that lol

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
              Working...
              X