Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not getting above 3 units between boards 2-7......

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not getting above 3 units between boards 2-7......

Been having bowler complaints about head are hooking..middle is hooking..backends hooking. So pretty much entire lane is hooking too much lol. I'm using Kustodian Plus..Brunswick Control lane oil..Brunswick Pro AnvilLane. Oil volume tests are on spot. Buffer crush onto lane is 1/8". Everything seems to be adjusted correctly. Here's my issue... BOTH of my lane machines are doing this!! We've added a couple more loads 2-2 and we still cannot read passed 3 units on the outsides. Oil head tip is adjusted at V area. The buffer and transfer brushes seem to be crushing together ok. We are lost! On a side not..is anyone that is using Brunswick Control Oil having any issues?? I'm trying to rule out if possibly we got a bad batch of oil the last couple of weeks. Any info would be great! Please help! :-D

Thanks,
    Chip

Chip, I am sure if you post your pattern, and confirm a quality test clean, King will cure ya!

Comment

Also I would question the lane reader

When taking tapes leave the tape on the lane for a couple minutes - it makes a difference

Comment

I'll have to post it later im not at work right now lol. Its not the tape reader. we confirmed this by going to association office and we got same reading. I know I cleaned the transfer brushes very well everyday. I'm going to check oil head timing see if thats it. Anyone know how to adjust transfer brush to buffer brush crush? The manual doesn't really say how to do it.

Thanks,
        Chip

Comment

could be the buffer wearing out as i saw that with our a22. the areas that dont get as much oil tend to get more dirt which means they get more abrasives wich will lessen that particular part of the buffer. i thought i was nuts and didnt think it was possible but i saw it happen over the course of 6 months or so.

Comment

Jerry isn't referring to the actual reader but the tapes. If the tapes aren't left on the lane long enough then it will read wrong in ant reader you put it in. Could be buffer brush. As already suggested run a test clean and ensure the lane is getting cleaned properly. then post your pattern.
            Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
            Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
            Cloth: ShamWow!
            Machine: Johnny 5
            Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

We had Jason and Tami come in from Kegal last week. They changed our buffer/transfer brushes cuz they were due for replacement. We also are trying new oil from Brunswick Connect..smells kinda good lol. And we are using new Defense-CX4S cleaner. I can see the oil there as well as I can feel it. According the bowlers input its there too. We just are having an issue when reading it in tese areas. I do let the tape sit for 3-5 min. We've tried 3 different readers and used different tape. Could it be the actual tape machine we use? You know the black device?

Chip

Comment

Jason And Tammy are great - however they do work for Ace Mitchell not Kegel

Hope your issues are resolved

Comment

Maybe bad batch of oil.

Comment

I doubt it's a bad batch of oil.

Jerry, Considering Jason doesn't have access to some of the material and resources at Kegel. I'd still put him up against anyone there.

You're using a Black Box to read tapes? I think you just found your problem. Know anyone with a Grey or Gold box?
                    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Chip........just thought i'd chime in on your situation. 1st question.....have you been gradually "loading" up the volume you're putting on the lane to increase your units? 2nd.........how far down lane are you taking your "heavy" oil? And last..........how long is your pattern? My reason for asking is that a long time ago I found out that there's a point you can get to that you've loaded up so much oil and too far down lane that you have actually created resistance to the ball and in your mind you think WHAT????? I've got a ton of oil out there......how can the lanes be dry? Well those that can hurl the ball at 18+ mph wont notice but the average Joe will fight to get the ball through that soup and as it looses energy and comes off end of pattern it just jumps. Hope this helps. Try and build your pattern so from "side view" it looks more like a granny boot rather than a gradually slope to the buff line.Wish i could draw a picture and illustrate what i'm trying to convey to ya.

Comment

We did add more volume and no change. After we changed oil and cleaner we still cannot read above # units outside. It's 40' long and we read tapes at 15' 22' and 37'. Funny thing is I can read on the old black box but cannot on the grey box. My other question is we are using manual cuz for some reason the automatic isnt working. Could that be an issue? I'm thinking something is wrong with the device that puts the tape onto the lane.

Comment

Bad tape? Old tape? Where'd you get the tape from? Bad calibration strips? Have you run the same tapes through both readers? If so, what happened?

Comment

Chip, when matching my machines for state tournament I found a bad buffer brush that would'nt taper enough. It was only 4-5 months old. I had to get a new one to get the same reading with both machines. The 4-5 months use was on our old wood and 3rd year after sanding, so maybe the roughness trashed the brissles. One unit or so is'nt much oil!

Comment

If you havent fixed your problem yet you may want to try this...

Make sure you buffer brush is spinning when the machine first starts.I once had a buffer motor contactor crap out on me and the brush wasnt spinning,just turning by the forward motion of the machine.Gave me much less units at the end of the pattern.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X