Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally Stumped

A problem that I have been having for quite a while now, is a streak in the pattern between the 5 and 8-9 board on the right side.
    This started last season and is continuing now. It is a strip, from the foul line to the end of the pattern, that looks like it has a lot less oil than the rest of the lane. Outside of 5 is fine and inside of 8-9 is fine.
    At first I chalked it up to something dragging on the lane from underneath, but have gone through and made sure the duster cloth is lifting properly, the squeegee is lifting properly, and nothing else is out of place. Then my thought was a bad smoother pad or 2, but over the summer I upgraded to the one piece transfer brush system, and it is still happening.

Digging a little deeper, there is a hole in the bottom to access the brushes for the drive motor. This is also the compartment that houses the vacuum motor. Thought that the exhaust might be causing it. Plugged the hole with a piece of wood. The strip is still there.

I am TOTALLY out of ideas as to what might be causing this problem and would like to hear what you guys might be able to come up with for solutions.
    The reason that I think it has something to do with the lane machine is that it happens on every single lane. If it was just a couple of them I might look at a wear pattern in the lane or something like that.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Do a test clean and check. then do an oil only and check. That will head you in the right direction.

Comment

TRY A STRIPING A LANE TWO TIMES TO SEE IF THE LANE GETS CLEAN

Rembering most older machines will not all oil off but just get the dust off leaving clean oil

Comment

Try flipping the squeegee around to see if now either goes away or it moves to the other side... it sure sounds like stripper contaminated oil
        70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
        Prolane Walker sport

Comment

I agree with Keeth, it sounds like squeegee is leaving a streak of cleaner on lane.
          For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

I'll try flipping the squeegee around but I'm not convinced that will solve the problem. It is in good shape and adjusted properly.

I know that it isn't contaminated oil as the problem has been here for 6 months or more, just has become a real problem since leagues started.
            It has gotten better this week, as I bowled on it Monday night and shot 289, 748, and another guy last night had back to back 279's. We play different lines, but still cross in that area of the lane.

Thanks for the replies, and keep them coming. At this point I'll try just about anything, and will post back with the results as soon as I can.

Comment

To prove that it is the squeegee you can run a oil only program and see if the lines disappear?
              Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

If you do a test clean do you see any liquid left on lane.
                For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

No liquid left on the lane with a test clean, a little oil left on the first 5-6 feet of the lane, which isn't unusual as that is where the most oil is put down, but squeaky clean the rest of the way.

Ran a sport condition pattern yesterday and did not see the streak on the lane.
                  Maybe some sort of glitch in the program that it somehow skips a load or 2 on those boards?

Comment

Put your house program in another slot in the 7 day planner and see if it goes away

Comment

Your spray jet isn't working. It's a bad check valve or clogged. Watch it run down the lane. You'll see it right away.
                      Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
                      Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
                      Cloth: ShamWow!
                      Machine: Johnny 5
                      Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

King I'll try that on Monday and let you know.

shamefowjze If that was the problem, wouldn't it effect every program? Not saying it isn't possible, and I will check it out just to be sure.

Comment

Cuda/King, I have'nt seen a glitch in a regular program but I have seen after the volume test, if I override a program it comes up with program 8 and it only has 7. (light blue sanction standard se) The other is when running a sport pattern when it finishes with 2-2 loads it will chatter as the oil head slams the side wall. (had to change to 3-3 and it is ok) And if you have more than one program across the house when you start it can grab the wrong program. I guess anything can happen.

Comment

program 8 on an elite is the "board by board" volume test.

Comment

Tried loading the program into slot 2 instead of slot 4 where it was. The only change that I see is that it may have gotten worse.
                              After oiling for league on Wed. I'll put a new squeegee on it and see what happens.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X