TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coming up a little short

phoenix wick machine with a head scratcher. I've taken over running and maintenance and every time i run lane 18 the machine stops almost 2 feet short of the end of the deck. the others have been pushing the machine back onto the lane after the inevitable travel interrupt until it starts running again. i got to thinking about it and figured this is why the pair plays differently.everyone hated it because if you got the ball outside too much it would never make it back onto the lane. for now i measured the difference on the deck and when the travel error happened i pushed it out onto the lane that far.when i bowled on the pair they seemed to play much more evenly.when i got to far outside on 18 the ball came back. now i just need to figure out why.its not riding up on pins...the deck and edge boards are not any worse than any other lane...the deck doesn't spread out at all and the bumpers aren't interfering.could the lane finish on 18 have something weird going on causing the travel wheels to slip? only happens on 18 and always happens.
    Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

My guess is you could have a lower duster switch bad - and or a dip in the lane where the fail safe is being tripped

I would take the lower duster switches off the machine and remove the wire

Comment

Any deck coatings?, I've heard the machines slipping on wet basecoat.

Comment

Lanes haven't been touched in the season and a half I've been there. I'm thinking it really has to be something 'lane-specific' as the machine runs fine on all the other lanes. Can't see it being the duster switch as the machine never even makes it to the back of the deck on that lane.
        Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

On a side note, we had our yearly high school MLK tournament monday and everyone had a great time. The machines ran great, a couple jams and half a dozen ball calls. Scores were good and absolutely no complaints about the shot. Congrajulations to the Canfield voys team and Austintown-Fitch girls on their wins. Got a nice write-up as well in the local paper...front page no less!

Comment

Just dawned on me that if the machine was slipping then I would notice is as it went down the lane.

Comment

Try starting machine with front rollers on the foul line

Comment

I always start it with the back of the wheels lined up with the foul line

Comment

When the machine stops on the pindeck, check to see if the momentary wheels are touching the pindeck. Jerry could be right about the lower switches, if the cushion roller is too small or has shrank over time. Don't be too quick to dismiss ideas. If there is a topographical issue on that lane and the machine is just barely in spec the issue with that one lane could be enough to trigger it. Try the suggestions offered, if it doesn't work then anything involving those parts can be eliminated.
                  Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
                  Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
                  Cloth: ShamWow!
                  Machine: Johnny 5
                  Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

As sham says....Momentary wheels.
                    I had this happen to me once and it drove me crazy, I did a couple simple adjustments and machine wouldn't run through pit on first lane. I lowered the momentary wheel low enough so it didn't hit the lane but the pindeck must of had a front to back slope.
                    Not likely the failsafe switches since the machine would not give you an error message, it would just come back.
                    My first thought would be guide wheels, transitions in that area can sometimes be a problem.
                    If there is an error message then the drive motor is stalling or the wheels are slipping.

Comment

Originally posted by wepauls View Post
                      Try starting machine with front rollers on the foul line
                      AGAIN - THIS IS BAD ADVICE - YOU CANNOT START A KEGEL MACHINE AS SUCH

Comment

Originally posted by shamefowjze View Post
                        Jerry could be right about the lower switches
                        It would be the first time!

Comment

Originally posted by 8270king View Post
                          Not this time!

Fixed!

LOL

Comment

Good one Bill. Funny stuff.
                            Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
                            Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
                            Cloth: ShamWow!
                            Machine: Johnny 5
                            Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Originally posted by BillHolota View Post
                              Fixed!

LOL

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

MP Chassis Tester

Good morning,
                              I have built a tester for the MP Chassis for the 82-70 machines. Instead of using the cam switches
                              I am using relays. My question is to anyone that may...

Preventative Maintenance - As, Jets, A2s - LEDs

Those of you looking for new LED lighting ideas may want to check out this site. Lots of stuff.

www.ledsupply.com...

4:1 Timing off..

*sigh* Hello friends..

I had a 4:1 go bad and I've never seen or done one before. Trying to search the depths of the forums, YouTube videos, it didn't seem too bad....

Adapting the Bluffton end cap & terminal board kit to Franklin BE (and FE) motors.

Left a rant about this in the bowling forum…

I’ve already repaired a a number of Franklin FE motors using the Bluffton-style end cap and terminal board kit (090-004-582)....

Turret clutch rebuild

At what thickness do you replace the clutch face.
                              Is there a minimum dimension from the clutch face to the rivet.

Thanks...

Solderless relay conversion

Is anyone running the solderless relays on the accelerators? How do you like them? What brand? How difficult to convert was it? Would love the feed back as I'm about to switch...
                              Working...
                              X