Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Todays High Tech Bowling Balls Destory Oil Patterns

I pulled before and after tapes to show how these new balls destroy oil patterns.
    The lane surface is generation 1 Pro-Anvil Lane,their were 10 bowlers all
    right handed,3 game league play 15 minutes of practice so I estimate approximately
    17 to 18 games bowled on the lane the tapes were pulled on,the after tapes were pulled 1 inch behind the fresh tapes.Fresh House Shot.pdfHouse Shot After Approximately 18 Games.pdf

Individual Graphs Of How Balls Destroy Oil Patterns

Comparison Graphs 15 Ft..pdfComparison Graphs 29 Ft..pdfComparison Graphs 38 Ft..pdf

Comment

Originally posted by WHERE IS THE SHOT View Post
      I pulled before and after tapes to show how these new balls destroy oil patterns.
      The lane surface is generation 1 Pro-Anvil Lane,their were 10 bowlers all
      right handed,3 game league play 15 minutes of practice so I estimate approximately
      17 to 18 games bowled on the lane the tapes were pulled on,the after tapes were pulled 1 inch behind the fresh tapes.[ATTACH=CONFIG]1811[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1812[/ATTACH]

Jesus ya not wrong, that right side conditioner has been obliterated....
      AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

And some bowlers wonder why lane patterns break down quickly.

From a tech point of view what can ya do?

Comment

Originally posted by mnorwell View Post
          And some bowlers wonder why lane patterns break down quickly.

From a tech point of view what can ya do?
          All you can do is say enough is enough.If you keep adding oil to try to keep them from breaking down all the bowlers will do is buy a more aggressive ball or use more sandpaper.MOST bowlers will learn if the pattern is hooking to use tamer stuff,that will make them hold up longer.

King is right,use dont need alot of oil to have a great scoring pattern.
          Last edited by amf8270mp; 02-10-2012, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by amf8270mp View Post
            All you can do is say enough is enough.If you keep adding oil to try to keep them from breaking down all the bowlers will do is buy a more aggressive ball or use more sandpaper.MOST bowlers will learn if the pattern is hooking to use tamer stuff,that will make them hold up longer.

I agree but the older track throwers guys that can't move 5 to 10 boards left after the break down. Still have to have enough to last until frame 25 or so. That seems to increase alittle each yr.

Comment

My program I am using is 18ml

No need for 25ml house shots

Comment

Originally posted by rivmike View Post
                I agree but the older track throwers guys that can't move 5 to 10 boards left after the break down. Still have to have enough to last until frame 25 or so. That seems to increase alittle each yr.
                To be honest...a good ball driller can get them a ball that rolls correctly for such patterns and surfaces

The drillers want the balls to hook as hard as possible...so they do not use arc layouts that these bowlers need

Comment

Originally posted by 8270king View Post
                  To be honest...a good ball driller can get them a ball that rolls correctly for such patterns and surfaces

The drillers want the balls to hook as hard as possible...so they do not use arc layouts that these bowlers need
                  Agree^^.You can drill alot of the hook out of the ball.Urethane is always a option too.

Comment

Agree^^.You can drill alot of the hook out of the ball.Urethane is always a option too.
                    With todays oils and mach. if we went back to the days of (black u-dot,rhino,and hammer) you could put out half the oil and bowl on it for two days.

Comment

With todays oils and mach. if we went back to the days of (black u-dot,rhino,and hammer) you could put out half the oil and bowl on it for two days.
                      A F***** MEN!!!!!!!!

Comment

Very true. But it's not going to happen as long as the ball manufacturers have "lobbyist" at USBC headquarters.
                        Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
                        Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
                        Cloth: ShamWow!
                        Machine: Johnny 5
                        Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

They teach the poor bowling attitudes to Hit the Pocket without the aide of oil.
                          If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse