Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pattern help, so many complaints

I just can't seem to make anyone happy at my center. We have a guy who handles all of our patterns for all of our centers but he always just comes in, tweaks, and I get more complaints about something different. This pattern I use for my mens leagues and the most recent complaints I've heard is the middle is flooded and they can't get back to the pocket. I also have people complaining about it being too dry and the ball flys off the lane.

I've gone over the machine many times, its cleaning good and everything is adjusted properly. No timing issues or travel errors. As far as I know the machine is running great but every day its something different.

Phoenix-S transfer roller, prodigy oil, oxy shock cleaner, 40mic, HPL heads wood back ends
    2-2-4-10
    8-8-1-14
    9-9-2-18
    10-10-4-18
    11-11-4-18
    12-12-1-22
    12-12-0-22 - 43'

12-12-0-26 - 37'
    12-12-2-18
    11-11-3-18
    10-10-4-14
    10-10-2-10
    9-9-4-10
    8-8-2-10
    2-2-1-10
    2-2-0-10 - 0'

I don't know much at all about making a good lane pattern but I would think all those 10-10s would make the pattern really flat at the end. I could be wrong but I did have a few complaints about there not being enough of a gradual taper as the pattern goes down

Any input would be great
    Giving bowlers less to complain about, one lane at a time

Also I hear it every week... a lot of the bowlers complain that the shot changes every week. One week its good the next they accuse us of changing the shot. I go over the machine every week and clean it out and make sure everything works as intended. So I don't think its the machine

Comment

What finish do you have on your wood? When was the last time it was resurfaced and last time screened/recoated?

Tim
      HBOwner

Comment

Not sure on the coating but they haven't been resurfaced/cut in years. We do a screen and coat every summer. There is no lane left to cut

Comment

Wow

At 40 mic stream the lanes have 31.68 total volume

And in revers oil from 37' - 3'

TOO MUCH OIL

Do a volume test by the manual and set the pump to 40 mic stream

43'
          2-2 2 18
          8-8 1 18
          9-9 2 18
          10-10 3 18
          11-11 4 18
          12-12 1 22
          2-2 0 22 31-43'

2-2 0 30 43-34'
          12-12 1 22
          11-11 3 18
          10-10 3 18
          9-9 2 14
          8-8 1 14
          2-2 0 14 9-0'

20.36 ml

Comment

Thanks for the new suggestion. I did a volume check and noticed that it was about 31ml a few weeks ago. As i looked at more and more patterns i found that 31 was awfully high in comparison to everything else.

My pump is set to 40mic, double checked that this afternoon just to be sure.

I talked to the manager and told her im going to lay out this pattern you gave me tomorrow on a few lanes for open play and hopefully we can get some of the league bowlers to try it out. Im not going to put it out for any leagues until i have some feedback but im all for putting out 1/3 less oil.

Ill post feeback as i get it and if we need to tweak anything else i know where to go

Thanks a bunch

Comment

Originally posted by slb785 View Post
              This pattern I use for my mens leagues and the most recent complaints I've heard is the middle is flooded
              31 ml is a lot for a house shot....I don't like to say this....but the bowlers are right
              Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanick View Post
                31 ml is a lot for a house shot....I don't like to say this....but the bowlers are right
                Lol. Yeah I know that feeling. Especially when it comes to complaining about oil

Comment

Ok. myself and 2 of my mechanics had a chance to bowl on the shot this afternoon. It seems pretty consistent but our concern is that there is a TON of back end. standing 5 boards right of center and throwing over 10 out to 5 (im a lefty) i hit high or missed completely every time. I flattened the ball out the best i could and still couldnt hit the pocket. I tried moving in to the oil and still got the same result. I also know their is bowlers here who play straight down and in so i tried that and was hittin the 10 every time.What can i do to the pattern to tame the back end or at least delay the hook a little more? I could play on this shot and still score decent but we all know you cant tell league bowlers to...dare i say it... ADJUST *GASP*

Also I guess I should add... I was throwing a polished playmaker
                  Last edited by slb785; 02-15-2012, 10:55 AM.

Comment

This is wider, heavier, and longer
                    22.68 volume
                    44' Pattern

2-2 2 18
                    7-7 1 18
                    8-8 1 18
                    9-9 2 18
                    10-10 4 18
                    11-11 3 18
                    12-12 1 22
                    2-2 0 22 33-44'

2-2 0 30 44-35'
                    12-12 1 22
                    11-11 2 18
                    10-10 3 18
                    9-9 3 14
                    8-8 2 14
                    2-2 0 14 9-0'

Comment

That shot is MUCH better! I bowled a few games on it, gives a little more room for error and makes the back end much easier to control. All that's left is to see how well it holds up with my mens leagues.

One more question though. Is that enough 2-2s to meet the minimum requirement for oil outside at the end? I assume with the speed being at 18 to start that it would carry enough down to the end of the pattern correct?

Comment

The 2-2's should have 3 units with the 18 speed

Comment

Let me know if it needs a tweak

Comment

Ok I would like your opinion on this pattern. The guy came in yesterday while I was out and modified the original pattern I posted here based on the complaints that its too much oil and some bowlers were saying its almost impossible to play. The old pattern is on the left and the now modified one is on the right. Both are 43'

2-2 4 10 2-2 4 10
                            8-8 1 14 8-8 1 14
                            9-9 2 18 9-9 2 18
                            10-10 4 18 10-10 5 18
                            11-11 4 18 11-11 3 18
                            12-12 1 22 12-12 2 18
                            12-12 0 22 12-12 0 22 43'

12-12 0 26 37' 12-12 0 26 36'
                            12-12 2 18 12-12 2 18
                            11-11 3 18 11-11 4 18
                            10-10 4 14 10-10 4 14
                            10-10 2 10 10-10 3 10
                            9-9 4 10 9-9 2 10
                            8-8 2 10 2-2 1 10
                            2-2 1 10 2-2 0 10
                            2-2 0 10

Id just like to know what one could expect from those changes. It doesn't seem like their is a big change in the volume of oil so they may still complain about the middle being flooded. But would the shot really play any different?

Comment

Sorry I didn't realize the forum doesn't let me use spacing to format the post. Sorry if its confusing. I tried to make even columns. Id go back and edit but im using my cell phone to post cause im at work right now and it was hard enough to post let alone try to edit on a 4" touch screen

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse