Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with Phoenix wick pattern

Ok, so does anybody have some patterns they can share with me? Please don't ask me what I'm doing now, I'm all over the place and nothing is scoring very well. Here's what I am working with: Phoenix 8 pad wick machine with 7-3-5-5-5-5-3-7 wick config. I am using Crossfire conditioner with Defense-C cleaner at 8:1. We have older wood lanes that are in very good shape. Seems like everything I do results in 1 of 2 scenarios: 1) everyone has to stand left and watch their ball hook like crazy, even those who shouldn't see that. or 2) i get that undercontrol and the shot is touchy, no room for play that a normal league shot should have, plays liek a sport pattern. I've tried shifting speeds, changing forward oil, reverse oil, recently went to the weaker dilution of cleaner (which does seem to work well). At this point, ive made so many changes, not sure where i even started. I'm looking for fresh patterns, ideas, help, etc. would love to have several different ideas to plug into the machine and put out there to try. Thanks for any help guys!!
    "I'm a businessman Tom, blood is a big expense"
    Name that Flick

Try this as a starting point.Pad Pattern.docPad Pattern.doc

Comment

Will try that one tonite, and will let you know how it goes. Thanks!!
      Name that Flick

Comment

Good Luck

Comment

I entered it into the machine and ran it, very very slow compared to my other trys, possibly my problem before. Do i have to worry about my wicks drying out? I only have 6 lanes, so i can't imagine that could be a problem for me, but when i first got the machine i was warned about going too slow for that very reason. I also just started using a trial jug of the defense-cx4. i mixed it at the recommended dilution for crossfire and so far things look very clean. Will let you know how scores are tonite, not a lot of play but enough to get a feel, plus i'll be on the lanes myself. Thanks again.
          Name that Flick

Comment

You should be ok I have only 6 lanes also and the last pair I run still has plenty of oil.

Comment

well it certainly plays a ton better that what i've been doing lately, had 2 games in the house north of 250. Overall, there seemed to be a lot of corner pins, which I know is going to happen no matter what, but it did seem like a lot last night. Is there any small adjustment I could make to help with that? I really liked it myself, not as wet as I personally would like to play on, but the customers liked it so that's where the money is!!
              Last edited by don805; 02-16-2012, 05:40 AM. Reason: spelling
              Name that Flick

Comment

Originally posted by don805 View Post
                well it certainly plays a ton better that what i've been doing lately, had 2 games in the house north of 250. Overall, there seemed to be a lot of corner pins, which I know is going to happen no matter what, but it did seem like a lot last night. Is there any small adjustment I could make to help with that? I really liked it myself, not as wet as I personally would like to play on, but the customers liked it so that's where the money is!!
                Personally I'd let them bowl on it for a while to get adjusted to it if your still not happy try backing off the buff distance by 1 ft.

Comment

ok good advice. thanks a lot for all your help!!
                  Name that Flick

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse