Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to Overhaul Shot for Next year

Despite my best efforts and many suggestions from the great folks here, I'm still fighting a wet/dry condition here. Thanks to everyone for your help, but I'm thinking it's time to overhaul the condition for next year. The plan is to run an experimental pattern on open bowling days while keeping the current shot in play for the leagues to finish out the year. Testing a shot out in the summer does no good for us since we have little/no humidity control in the summer. That's the reason I want to work on it now while the temps are still cool. I'm planning on reverting back to a 40 uL stream (currently @ 50 uL) since I've read on here that 40 blends left to right better. I've also wanted to experiment with running a forward buff only pattern, in hopes that the lack of reverse oil eliminates the 'road block' that crops up about part way through the second game each week. In all seriousness I've bowled on sport conditions with more playability than our shot once it's began carrying down. We have less scratch bowlers than most houses so once the plastic and house balls start to push the center and the bowlers with reactive burn the outside, the shot becomes borderline unpredictable. I feel this creates an unfair disadvantage for the bowlers/teams that hook the ball since they have to bowl an average that they can't hit consistently due to the way the pattern changes every week.

Here's our current pattern. Not looking for any tweaks to it as of right now but figure to use it as a baseline for setting up next year's condition. Would also like to read anyone's thoughts on going to a 40 uL stream and/or going with a forward buff pattern.

39' with Brunswick Authority 22 oil and cleaner
    5-6 year old ProAnvilane

2L 2R 1 10
    8L 8R 1 14
    9L 9R 2 14
    10L 10R 2 18
    12L 12R 2 18
    2L 2R 0 18
    2L 2R 0 22

2L 2R 0 30
    13L 13R 2 18
    12L 12R 2 18
    11L 11R 3 18
    9L 9R 2 14
    8L 8R 1 10
    2L 2R 0 10
    GSX Noob

Forward only oil is not good with the brush system

39'
    2-2 2 18
    8-8 1 18
    9-9 2 18
    11-11 4 18
    12-12 2 18
    13-13 1 22
    2-2 0 22 28-39'

2-2 0 30 39-30'
    12-12 1 22
    11-11 2 18
    10-10 4 18
    7-7 1 18
    2-2 0 18 9-0'

Just the fact you will be running the machine in faster forward speeds and going from 1850 to 2960 in total 2-2 loads will blend out this pattern

Comment

Thanks King! Will start playing with this set up. Is this at 40 uL? May go bowl a little tonight and try it out. Also have my dad and a friend of his coming in tomorrow to throw and will have them give it a shot as well. Probably won't mess with what's out there now for league nights, because we have been throwing on the same shot all year, only with minor tweaks. Same trend keeps popping up though.
      GSX Noob

Comment

Yes...it is 40

My guess is you will like it so much....you will switch immediately

The 7-7 in reverse also helps the blend enormously

Comment

Yeah I can see the difference looking at the graphs. May not get in to try it out today but I'm gonna give it a shot after I get off shift tomorrow. Thanks for providing your wisdom!
          Last edited by deb; 03-09-2012, 11:32 AM. Reason: smiley fix
          GSX Noob

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Shot is a ton better! I had to make a tweak with the starting speeds. Went to 10 IPS on 01F, 14 IPS on 02F, and 14 IPS on the final reverse. We had some OOB at first and the slower speed helped to alleviate that. Still a slight bit of hang on the outside but the inside/track area is a lot more open. Was thinking of dropping to 14 IPS on 3F to hopefully get rid of that last bit of OOB. Thoughts? Thanks for providing the foundation! We can definitely work with this!
              GSX Noob

Comment

Yes.....going to 14ips on the 3rd forward screen will help
                Is your pump set on 50 or 40?
                The pattern I gave you was for 40
                If you have it set on 50 try 45 and see if it makes the ball slow down in the midlane better

Comment

I have it on 40 but will do a recalibration tomorrow to double check and make sure it's spot on. By lowering the speed on 3F, what effects can I expect for the middle of the lane, if any?
                  GSX Noob

Comment

2-2 2 10
                    8-8 1 14
                    9-9 2 14
                    11-11 4 18
                    12-12 2 18
                    13-13 1 22
                    2-2 0 22 28-39'

2-2 0 30 39-30'
                    12-12 1 22
                    11-11 3 18