Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lane Guy in Distress

Old Anvilanes with a few pairs that have HPL Heads. Ion lane machine. Defense Stripper @ 7:1. Infinity Oil.

Running the Stone street shot with buffer drop at 38'.

The HM is at the end of his rope, as it were, and has tasked me in finding an absolute "Cake Shot" for the customers (I hesitate to call them bowlers) that are crying, female doging, urinating and moaning.

The folks that I would never hesitate to call bowlers tell me that we can't make the shot any easier. High praise. I thought we had this excrement buried.

So please sir, if you would be so kind, have any thoughts? I'm starting to look real hard at the router and wonder if I could get away with cutting a track to the pocket.

To put it blunt. I'm bloody desperate!

Thanks

Jim 8o)
    Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Stone street has a lot of volume.

What is wrong with how the lanes play?

Too slick...dry....over / under...lack of backends.....no hold?

Comment

Originally posted by 8270king View Post
      Stone street has a lot of volume.

What is wrong with how the lanes play?

Too slick...dry....over / under...lack of backends.....no hold?
      First off, thank you for taking the time.

We are dealing with the "This shot sucks" and "I can't bowl on this" crowd. That's it. That is as articulate as they get. IMHO there is no way to placate these "children", but dig we must.

The Stone St shot pegs out at easy in the KOSI program.

To tell ya true, I am honestly looking at trying to put an old school 40 foot block shot down like we did with the HVO. The wicks were 7-3-10-10-3-7. It was a blocked christmas tree. Heavy in the heads, and a buff out to 40 feet just to put down something familiar for them.

Is there any way to do an old block shot with the Ion? We always had a wall at 8 board. It might be what they are looking for.

Your thoughts?

Comment

Honestly...what is wrong with the lanes in your opinion...you must know ball reaction to adjust a lane machine....does the ball skid too much....not enough....hook quick..no back ends?

Comment

Thank you for helping me refocus. As it happens we have pretty much a full house today. I shall spend some time up front and will post my thoughts.

Comment

Watch some of the better bowlers...where they play...and their not so good shots......that will tell you....

Comment

I use stone street on some leagues, i dropped it to 45 mic and reverse drop at 36.
              Why yes, we wax them everyday!

Comment

Lanes 1 – 6 open play.
                Lanes 7 – 32 league.

Great mix of talent across the board. All in all it seemed that their ball would go long before standing up, hitting light. The fellows with more power got more aggressive at the line to compensate. The higher end bowlers played between 5 and 10, while the more mid bowlers played between 10 and 15.

There seemed to be a lot of skid a few feet past the arrows til about 38/39 feet, the ball would start to stand up but not quite finish proper and hit light.

That’s pretty much what I was seeing.

I happened to be talking with one bowler, during 2d game, while he rolled the front 8. And he told me what he was doing to compensate for the condition, which was having to move a half board at a time per frame. Which did not always work as he went 9 spare, strike, 9 spare. He said he also noticed the ball going long.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for taking the time.

Jim 8o)

Comment

Originally posted by AMF_JEFF View Post
                  I use stone street on some leagues, i dropped it to 45 mic and reverse drop at 36.
                  You're gona laugh, but we are not allowed to run but one shot for the house.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with running one shot for the entire house.

Too much volume.

Your pump is set at 50...so is this pattern

41'
                    50 mic stream
                    19.3 total volume
                    RBD 35

2-2 2 14
                    8-8 1 14
                    9-9 2 18
                    11-11 3 18
                    13-13 3 18
                    2-2 0 22 buff 24-41'

2-2 0 30 41-30'
                    12-12 3 22
                    10-10 3 18
                    8-8 1 18
                    2-2 0 18 buff 10-0'

Comment

Originally posted by 8270king View Post
                      There is nothing wrong with running one shot for the entire house.

Too much volume.

Your pump is set at 50...so is this pattern

41'
                      50 mic stream
                      19.3 total volume
                      RBD 35

2-2 2 14
                      8-8 1 14
                      9-9 2 18
                      11-11 3 18
                      13-13 3 18
                      2-2 0 22 buff 24-41'

2-2 0 30 41-30'
                      12-12 3 22
                      10-10 3 18
                      8-8 1 18
                      2-2 0 18 buff 10-0'
                      Thank you sir, most kindly. 8o)

Comment

I got it loaded into KOSI. SWEET looks just like an old school block! Put it in slot 3, and will run it tomorrow on several pair for folks to play on. Started to pass the word and got a request for it for the Monday AM league, plus several other bowlers. I'm thinkin good thoughts for this. 8o)

Comment

Let me know how it plays

Comment

On Saturday it could not have been a better match up. One happened to be the fellow I was talking with on Thursday while he rolled the front 8 (A), and the other fellow we refer to as Sir Whines-A-Lot (B). Both are right handed.

A rolls a strong ball, fairly straight between 5 and 10 hitting 7 board most times 18mph avg.

B rolls a not so strong ball down and in between 5 and 20 hitting 8 or 10 board for the most part 11mph avg. Picture someone who pitches quates (she-cup) or horseshoes.

For the record all I told them was that this shot was an old school block 41’ with a wall at 8.

Out of the box I noticed a difference in ball reaction. A had to power down a bit to avoid leaving a stone 8 or just blowin the back out for a 7 10. B on the other hand all of a sudden had predictable ball travel. He didn’t get a lot of strikes, but he did get a bunch of 9 spares. It was nice to watch B’s ball stand up and zero in. He is a happy camper. A is also a happy camper, and asked for this shot for the Monday morning men’s league.

Looks like my old training of dump it in the heads and drag it down needs to be put away, and I need to start studying.

I can’t thank you enough.

Jim 8o)

Ps when I saved the shot I called it “King’s STFU”

Comment

Attaboy......leave it out...and they will adjust to it....

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse