Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions needed

Hey, I have wood lanes. last resurfaced in 2007. in 2010 did a full screen and recoat. in 2011 did a screen and recoat for the first 24 feet only. Good strong back ends. Use fizzion cleaner with 5 tablets for 2 and one half gallons of water. The shot is very close but feels like a bit of hang around 9 -11 boards. Outsides feel pretty good. Has a phoenix 8 pad, 3 speed machine. Just looking for ideas on opening it up more and increasing carry a bit.

spray on is 5 off is 11 with last spray at 50. I have zero out of ranges
    42 foot pattern
    forward
    to 2nd =20
    to high =42
    1-5 50"
    5-10 267"
    10-15 36'
    15-20 39'
    left side same

reverse
    2nd 28
    low 20
    1-5 60"
    5-10 310"
    10-15 30'
    15-20 35'

Do you have a 5555 or 7355 pad configuration? What oil are you using?
    Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
    Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
    Cloth: ShamWow!
    Machine: Johnny 5
    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

7355 with crossfire

Comment

42 foot pattern
        forward
        to 2nd =20
        to high =42
        1-5 50"
        5-10 200"
        10-15 31'
        15-20 35'
        left side same

reverse
        2nd 28
        low 20
        1-5 60"
        5-10 250"
        10-15 30'
        15-20 35'

Comment

will try tomorrow for mens league. 5 man teams and let you all know. thanks

Comment

It should be better!

Comment

was more open but started a bit dryer and broke down faster. felt like the pattern shortened up as we bowled. heads stayed fine. thinking maybe going to 44 foot pattern with them settings. but don't think that will stop the breaking down. really appreciate all the help so far

Comment

Originally posted by laneman61 View Post
                7355 with crossfire
                We used Crossfire oil in the Crossfire pad type machine and it would not flow oil very well. The tank had large amounts of a white paste type substance that was blocking the flow of oil to the wicks and the wicks had become hard which would not let the oil get through the wicks. I talked to another house that had the same problem and am wondering if this is starting to happen in your situation.

Comment

I do not think he has that issue - his original pattern had the track flooded - that track oil has to go somewhere - down the lane is where it ends up

We can add some of the track oil back in or you can lengthen the pattern - or both

But adding 2 feet is extreme - try adding in one foot for 43'

43 foot pattern
                  forward
                  to 2nd =20
                  to high =42
                  1-5 50"
                  5-10 220"
                  10-15 33'
                  15-20 36'
                  left side same

reverse
                  2nd 28
                  low 20
                  1-5 60"
                  5-10 250"
                  10-15 30'
                  15-20 35'

Comment

don't use crossfire oil in a crossfire machine the pads geting hard and it wil not flow at all if your waiting to long i'am using brunswick w22 oil whit no problems.

greets hansolor

Comment

Generally when the wicks begin to get hard using Crossfire conditioner, it is because cleaner has been splashed onto the wicks. We have seen it happen. Because the tanks are so close together, it is very easy for cleaner to get in the conditioner tank and contaminate the wicks. When the wicks get cleaner in them, they begin to harden. We have tested wicks a few times and every time we found cleaner contamination.

You can use a shop vac to improve wick flow. Take the wicks out and use a towel to dry them. Then use a shop vac to suck the oil out. This will help open the capillaries and allow better flow. Unfortunately, when the wicks harden after being contaminated from cleaner, this trick doesn't work as well. It may buy you a little time until you can get some new wicks, but it won't save them.

With the Crossfire machine, it is very important that you do everything possible to prevent cleaner from splashing into the conditioner tank.

I hope this will help you.
                      Brandy
                      brandy.padilla@kegel.net

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X