Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40mic 50mic? whats the difference?

Obviously its a higher volume of oil per board. But is there any resriction to what your oil pump should be set at as far as what kind of transfer system you have? I have a sanction standard AC and have been told that i should only use a 40mic lane patterns, but right now i have it set to 50mic because of the shot I was given back in this thread http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...need-a-pattern I also heard 50mic patterns are specifically for transfer brush machines

I dont see a problem using my machine set at 50mic because bowlers are scoring higher than ever now so i dont want to touch it. But since my knowledge of lane patterns and all that is kind of lacking I just kinda wanted some clarification on this
    Giving bowlers less to complain about, one lane at a time

50mic - should be used in brush systems to get the oil on the lane sooner so you can have better lengthwise taper - it takes time for the oil to feed through the brushes

40mic - should be used on transfer roller system so you can get the oil down the lane better for more hold - the oil goes right to the lane from the rollers - 40mic also allows for better side to side taper

Does you Sanction standard have a brush?

Comment

No, its got a single transfer roller with 10 smoothing blocks. High maintainence pain in the ***

Im going to keep pushing to get the brush upgrade before next season. we usually replace the buffer brush every august anyway so they may ok the extra $400 to get the upgrade. Hopefully they do cause i hate spending time every week removing and cleaning those smoothing blocks
      Last edited by slb785; 06-14-2012, 10:00 AM.

Comment

As far as your question about a limit, Dan from Mitchell Sales tells me about a guy that has his pump set at 80mic. I would stay with what you got right now though.
        (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

If your shot is good...let it be.....let us know how your pattern plays

Comment

Plays around 10 with a good couple of boards for error. even if you miss by 3-4 boards you still end up with just a corner pin. but if youre a big cranker you can play 15 as well without much trouble. One of our biggest complainers is averaging 230+ on it right now so id say its working well. This is how it looks right now cause i had to make a couple changes

50 mic stream
            42'
            2-2 3 18
            8-8 2 18
            11-11 3 18
            12-12 2 18
            2-2 0 22 22- 42

2-2 0 30 42-32
            12-12 2 22
            10-10 3 18
            8-8 2 18
            7-7 1 18
            2-2 0 18 10-0

Comment

Originally posted by slb785 View Post
              One of our biggest complainers is averaging 230+ on it right now so id say its working well.
              Ok...leave it alone for sure

The pattern looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by slb785 View Post
                No, its got a single transfer roller with 10 smoothing blocks. High maintainence pain in the ***

Im going to keep pushing to get the brush upgrade before next season. we usually replace the buffer brush every august anyway so they may ok the extra $400 to get the upgrade. Hopefully they do cause i hate spending time every week removing and cleaning those smoothing blocks

Just put the upgrade in our machine a month ago. Kegel was (maybe still is) running a special on the kit. Comes with the upgrade brush as well as a new buffer brush. Kit took about eight hours to install, (kustodian) mostly because I had to gut damn near 3/4 of the machine.

Ran the house pattern program, taped, and it was almost identical. Couple of tweaks and got it where I'm happy. Before and after the mic is 45.

Next is the software upgrade which I hope to have done by Sept. since our house is hosting singles/doubles for our senior state tourny.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                Working...
                X