Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Load Data

Greetings, Terry here

First off, let me thank you guys for the advice and help that this site offers.

We are using Kosi Pro and an Ion. I do not have a grasp on load data. When you guys post load data I understand the concept, but I can’t read it like a book like you guys seem to do. I guess my main question would be: Is there any type of tutorial that would explain load data and what, exactly, the manipulations mean?

Here is an example and something I’m currently working on:
    If I download High Street, which is 44’ and an 11:1 ratio, and I want to ‘tweak’ it in order to make it 9:1 and someone types out the new load data, which I would be thankful for, it doesn’t mean I understand what just happened. The way I see it is I look at the composite graph, 2-5 is 100 and 16-20 is 1100 making it 11:1, this I understand. I want to make 2-5 125 (or 122.222 for those of you keeping score). So, is there some sort of formula that tells me how to exactly change the load data to achieve the desired change to the composite graph?

Thanks

Over

1. You ratio is in relation to the oil - I do not worry about ratios - I worry about ball reaction
    2. Just change the load data and see what the composite graph says
    3. High street is too wet dry for most people - take away a 10-10 and add a 7-7 - this will blend the pattern more and make the ratio;s go down
    4. Less loads in the middle - lower ratio & more loads outside - lower ratio

Comment

Thanks for the reply 8270king.

I guess my point is that Kosi should allow the user to also be able to change ratios on the composite graph and let the software update the load data. It’s easier, quicker and more exact. There is too much technology and money involved in this program and machine for me to have to plug in load data numbers and hope for the best on the composite graph as if I’m playing the Ring Toss at the State Fair. You guys have a much better grasp on load data. So, you can quickly change numbers and get what you’re looking for.

I’m under the impression that you guys learned to program machines using load data before composite graph technology really came to its current status. I think the technology is there, but the user interface is lacking. It seems like it’s the same as still programming computers using Fortran. That’s not on dig on anyone, I still use my calculator that I got over 20 years ago.

Per your other points king…I understand oil ratios. I tape test the Team USA patterns as well as bowl on the patterns. Yes, High Street is too dry on the outside creating a large window of opportunity. I want to add oil to the outside , which decreases the ratio as you said.

Comment

One more quick point:
        The user is only allowed to change load data using whole numbers. You don’t have the ability (as far as I know) to use rational numbers. I would suspect the machine is capable of that. However, since the programmer is used to using whole numbers the option wasn’t implemented in the interface. If it were, which changing composite graph ratios would do, your possibilities would be infinite.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee_Hi_proshop View Post
          Thanks for the reply 8270king.

I guess my point is that Kosi should allow the user to also be able to change ratios on the composite graph and let the software update the load data. It’s easier, quicker and more exact. There is too much technology and money involved in this program and machine for me to have to plug in load data numbers and hope for the best on the composite graph as if I’m playing the Ring Toss at the State Fair. You guys have a much better grasp on load data. So, you can quickly change numbers and get what you’re looking for.

I’m under the impression that you guys learned to program machines using load data before composite graph technology really came to its current status. I think the technology is there, but the user interface is lacking. It seems like it’s the same as still programming computers using Fortran. That’s not on dig on anyone, I still use my calculator that I got over 20 years ago.

Per your other points king…I understand oil ratios. I tape test the Team USA patterns as well as bowl on the patterns. Yes, High Street is too dry on the outside creating a large window of opportunity. I want to add oil to the outside , which decreases the ratio as you said.
          Originally posted by Lee_Hi_proshop View Post
          One more quick point:
          The user is only allowed to change load data using whole numbers. You don’t have the ability (as far as I know) to use rational numbers. I would suspect the machine is capable of that. However, since the programmer is used to using whole numbers the option wasn’t implemented in the interface. If it were, which changing composite graph ratios would do, your possibilities would be infinite.
          Here are my suggestions:
          1. You can use the Graphical Designer to widen your pattern - but you cannot just change the ratios and here comes a pattern - it is the other way - build and modify a pattern for the ratio desired
          2. I learned to program machines my putting shims in a Century 100
          3. You can accomplish what you wish by adding outside loads and again - checking the ratios after you have changed the pattern
          4. Rational numbers? - this is lane oiling - balls destroy patterns in 3 frames - Kegel makes the best and most accurate and the most reliable machines made - rational numbers are excessive

Comment

I think we’re getting off track. As I said in my initial post, I want to learn how to use load data. It’s only because that’s how the program is set up. I do not know where to go in order to find such information.

4. Rational numbers are excessive? That hurts my feelings (smiley face). Allow me to make a few jokes (not meant to offend):

Yes, Pi is excessive in the fact that it is too stubborn to repeat. But you have to admit, it’s pretty useful.

Anytime a cashier hands you coins just say, “No thanks, rational numbers are excessive.”

Well, I’ll give you this: conversion charts would be a lot simpler.

If you wear a half sized shoe you’re screwed.

I wonder what the safety on the roads would be like if the police agreed with you when making BAL limits.

How will we be able to determine if a person is optimist or pessimist based on a glass that is completely full or completely empty?

There’s a reason why we don’t use Roman Numerals anymore.

All joking aside, I want to use whole numbers as well. Instead of using them in the load data I want to use them in the composite graph area. I think you would find it to be easier when tweaking an existing pattern if this were possible.

Comment

Lee,

I have told you how to adjust the ratios

You must operate withing the parameters of the machine in how it functions

The way Kegel has set this machine up to operate makes sense to all who have oiled lanes - if you have not oiled lanes for a living this is what you just wish to change a ratio

Changing a ratio means nothing to a lane man - we see where oil needs to be so we add - or we subtract if we see too much - then you adjust the speeds (slower if adding to keep taper - or making faster if subtracting)

My advice to you is to break out the manual - read it - and accept it - or you could design your own software for this machine (if you are really bored)

Good luck

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
              Working...
              X