TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• over/under

Been running the lanes the same since I got the oil machine. Only the last 3 weeks bowlers saying that lanes 1/2 has a over/under. All the rest is ok. First what is over/under. I am use to taping lanes to make sure nothing changed, Unable to get them out here. lane 1/2 is the third highest scoring in the league. Like to fix it before next week. thanks
    amf 82-70
    B2000
    quibca

Over under usually means too wet dry from the centers to the outside. When you throw the ball if you pull it, it goes straight, if you get it in the track it takes a dive. You need a slight blend between the center oil and the outside. Post your pattern and I think King could help you tweak it.
    (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

Please post the pattern you use

Do you burn lanes 1/2 every time (strip/oil twice)

Is 1/2 the 1st or last pair you oil

I assume this is a burn pair issue since the other pairs are ok by the bowlers opinions

What ever lanes you start on you should do twice

You should go 1-2-1-2-3-4-5-6 and so so on

The next day you should go 3-4-1-2-3-4-5-6 and so on

Comment

The first 4 weeks did not burn the lanes, on week 5 after reading that i should burn the lanes is when the first bowler metion it. I stopped burning the lane for the next 2 weeks and two different bowlers said it was over/under. I run lane 17-22 at 1 pm for the open play lanes, then at 5 pm move to 1/2 and oil to 16.

Here is my pattern:

01F 2-2-2 22
        02F 8-8-2 22
        03F 10-10 4 22
        04F 12-12-4 22
        05F 2-2-0 22

01R 2-2-0 22
        02R 12-12-1 22
        03R 11-11-3 22
        04R 9-9-2 22
        05R 2-2-0 22

The 3rd speed is not working, called kegel and I need to get another board, but at $280, its going to have to wait.

I use Authority oil and cleaner. Changing oil not a choice.
        amf 82-70
        B2000
        quibca

Comment

Please refer to how to burn lanes

Burn lanes every time you strip and oil

Do not always burn the same two lanes

The pattern is fine

When you get the new speed board let me know and we can adjust the pattern

Comment

Originally posted by 8270king View Post
            Do not always burn the same two lanes

Why not???
            I can't even spell Brunsw-ick anymore!!!

Comment

Because if you always burn say 1 & 2 after a while they will be different from all the others.
              (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

That pair will always hook more because the backend and track will always be drier than the other lanes

Comment

Originally posted by pinfeed View Post
                  Why not???
                  Especially with an Ion - I never burned the same pair

Without a cord - you can oil 5-6 and go 1-16
                  Next day 3-4 then go to 1
                  Next day 7-8 then to 1

Comment

Originally posted by 8270king View Post
                    That pair will always hook more because the backend and track will always be drier than the other lanes

...Time to bust out the Blue Dot???...

...C'mon King, what are we talkin'...a half a board???...OK, these people are just not that good. They just think they are, cuz they're bowling on soft lane conditions.

Temperature and topography also make 'em play different. Especially this time of year, when you're running the heat in the morning and the A/C at 7P when there's 200 people in the place. But here again...The difference is minimal.

If we were hosting The Tour...OK, I get it.

Comment

No - we are not talking half a board

It makes a difference

If you burn the same pair every day - it will hook more - and I take more pride in my work than that

Comment

I take pride in my work as well. I'm just too busy to be anal about the trivial issues. There is just too many varibles involved. They all get dressed the same every day, but they're still going to play different lane to lane/day to day/week to week/year to year. Bottom line here is that the lanes are dead easy...Next task...I guess no one remembers Century 100, Formula 501, and a Key. Maybe we should just not use lane conditioner and $30,000 machines and just cut them a groove to the pocket with a router...Nah...They would still gripe.

Comment

I oiled lanes without burning a pair a couple years ago and found that after cleaning machine and the machine setting over night there is a huge difference in the volume of oil at the end of the pattern so the first lane oiled is always drier and hooks more, and according to the tape readings if you were pulled away and stopped oiling for as little as 10 minuets and let the oil machine just set on the lanes when you begin to oil again the first lane you oil will be different by almost 25% to 30 % on the outsides at the end of the pattern, I have between 3 and 4 units on the outsides at the end of the pattern, after the machine set for ten min. it was between 2 and 3 units. I always burn a pair if I have to stop and let the machine sit for any length of time approaching 10 minuets. Before I realized this we started on lanes 1/2 most of the time and the bowlers always complained about 1/2 being different, that 1 always hooked more and I never realize why (Thanks to King for explaining why we need to burn a pair before oiling), I always burn a pair before oiling and I never burn the end pairs and none of my bowlers complain like they used to.
                          For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

Originally posted by pinfeed View Post
                            I take pride in my work as well. I'm just too busy to be anal about the trivial issues. There is just too many varibles involved. They all get dressed the same every day, but they're still going to play different lane to lane/day to day/week to week/year to year. Bottom line here is that the lanes are dead easy...Next task...I guess no one remembers Century 100, Formula 501, and a Key. Maybe we should just not use lane conditioner and $30,000 machines and just cut them a groove to the pocket with a router...Nah...They would still gripe.
                            The small details (taking care of them) is the difference between good and great

Comment

Originally posted by sbrooks View Post
                              I oiled lanes without burning a pair a couple years ago and found that after cleaning machine and the machine setting over night there is a huge difference in the volume of oil at the end of the pattern so the first lane oiled is always drier and hooks more, and according to the tape readings if you were pulled away and stopped oiling for as little as 10 minuets and let the oil machine just set on the lanes when you begin to oil again the first lane you oil will be different by almost 25% to 30 % on the outsides at the end of the pattern, I have between 3 and 4 units on the outsides at the end of the pattern, after the machine set for ten min. it was between 2 and 3 units. I always burn a pair if I have to stop and let the machine sit for any length of time approaching 10 minuets. Before I realized this we started on lanes 1/2 most of the time and the bowlers always complained about 1/2 being different, that 1 always hooked more and I never realize why (Thanks to King for explaining why we need to burn a pair before oiling), I always burn a pair before oiling and I never burn the end pairs and none of my bowlers complain like they used to.
                              Welcome!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

MP Chassis Tester

Good morning,
                              I have built a tester for the MP Chassis for the 82-70 machines. Instead of using the cam switches
                              I am using relays. My question is to anyone that may...

Preventative Maintenance - As, Jets, A2s - LEDs

Those of you looking for new LED lighting ideas may want to check out this site. Lots of stuff.

www.ledsupply.com...

4:1 Timing off..

*sigh* Hello friends..

I had a 4:1 go bad and I've never seen or done one before. Trying to search the depths of the forums, YouTube videos, it didn't seem too bad....

Adapting the Bluffton end cap & terminal board kit to Franklin BE (and FE) motors.

Left a rant about this in the bowling forum…

I’ve already repaired a a number of Franklin FE motors using the Bluffton-style end cap and terminal board kit (090-004-582)....

Turret clutch rebuild

At what thickness do you replace the clutch face.
                              Is there a minimum dimension from the clutch face to the rivet.

Thanks...

Solderless relay conversion

Is anyone running the solderless relays on the accelerators? How do you like them? What brand? How difficult to convert was it? Would love the feed back as I'm about to switch...
                              Working...
                              X