Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82-70 Distributor Problem

Hey all, new to this and likely not as seasoned as most of you. I’m the new head mechanic after our head mechanic is gone due to personal reasons. One of my distributors is getting stuck at the 4 pin. The clutch is going about halfway around and getting stuck. Trying to move the distributor to the next pin spot does nothing. The only way to get it to move is to manually move the distributor all the way forward, then back. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated

Check the metal guide rail at end of dist , see if it popped out. Also check index cam (plastic wheel with teeth around it) make sure the rollers didn't jump the track, look at another machine to see where they need to be.

Comment

Tighten the clutch spring a few notches on the retaining nut. The clutch will probably need to be rubilt, sometimes oil gets on the friction disc and clutch plates. That area needs to be dry at all times. careful when pulling the spring off the nut as it has tension on it and it could fly out of your hand. In total that spring should have about 3/4 of a turn of tension on it.
      A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
      - Albert Einstein

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse