Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guardian query

Our centre has guardian on the lanes, full length.
    I remember in a thread not long ago where one member mentioned guardian absorbed too much energy. Could someone help my curiosity on this topic?
    Duct Tape is just like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side and holds the Universe together.

Re: Guardian query

What exactly is it mate you would like to know about guardian?
    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

I remember it being mentioned that the guardian absorbed energy from the ball... affected its reaction. How so? being so thin I didn't think it would be spongey or anything like that.
      Duct Tape is just like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side and holds the Universe together.

Comment

I work in a center in Sydney and our 18 lanes all have guardian and we have had a few hounor scores shot on them in recent times and i have bowled on them and i dont see a problem as far as ball reaction goes, its not that much different from bowling on hpl really and guardian does wonders for the lane surface, we just replaced our guardian after 9 years and when we took it up the timber and laquer was in 100% perfect condition.
        AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Also out of curiosity how old is your Guardian, and what condition is it in? Is there anything else you want to know about it?

Comment

I know what you mean. The guardian on our 24 lanes is in its 7th year now I think and the lanes still look great... even with the pounding the heads get from social play.
            I do think it is a good surface, hell, I've thrown a 300 on it and we do have a lot of high average league bowlers here too.
            Wish I could still afford league too, getting too expensive like everything else in this country...

P.S. What oil do you use to dress your lanes Pinhead?

Comment

we use AMF Visflo 19.5 (in a century C100) and we oil 29ft buff to 38ft, what are you using? we also use Eco-Clean but seeing as they stopped making that stuff when it runs out we are going back to stripping with F388

Comment

I found the thread that mentioned the guardian being energy absorbing. "Lane Maintenance- Best lane surface - need your input!"

We use Brunswick Absolute in a Silver Bullet Magnum. Oil 36 Buff 40. Use Zep ESP for stripping, does a great job.

Comment

mmmmmmmmmmmm droooooooooooool dribble drooooool oh how i would LOVE a magnum and send my c100 into the depths of death LOL

Comment

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

We have a 100 hibernating out the back of our centre too, was the back-up to the century gemini we had until we bought the magnum 3 odd years ago.
                    The 100 is a 110volt machine, had to lug a bloody heavy transformer up the front to use it...

Comment

We are lucky in that respect, we have 110v transformers under the approach and a 110v outlet on every sure-pik, MAN [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] we still use the old VLS [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

A mate of mine works at another Adelaide centre that uses a VLS and a lanewalker. I gotta go there one day when he's oiling and see that thing in action!
                        Did you have anything else to tell about guardian that comes to mind?

Comment

the main thing at the moment that sticks in my mind seeing as we only just did ours is that its a real pain in the arse to remove, some lanes took 3 hours or so per lane. One thing i have notice is you must keep a close eye on the condition of house balls as thats why we replaced ours chipped balls etc really started to make a mess of the stuff, other than that i reckon its the best alternative to HPL.

Comment

Guardian is soft.....so the ball loses energy fighting to get down the lane.......

The ball does not want to hit well on guardian because there is no energy left on the back for the ball to finish hard like it does on a synthetic or good wood surface.

Imagine if you reacive ball was only 50 hardness instead of 75.....that is the effect guardian has on a ball.

JK

Comment

Synthetic vs. Real Wood

Hmmmmm. I see where a laminate layer might pose a problem in "softness". Synthetic lanes get beat up just as bad as real wood. I just don't get the "bowling feeling" on synthetics. That "thump" doesn't sound right. Why don't we go back to real maple fronts, pine, and maple backends with synthetic or metal pin decks? That's where the real beating takes place. Man, I miss those days. I'll bet cost is an issue.

Probably nailed that on the head! Pun intended.

Doug

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse