Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fluctuating pump pressure

My pump pressure is fluctuating between 13 and 17 psi (Kustodian). I'm running Offense HV oil and the tank is full. I checked and cleaned the filters and checked the hoses for leaks, all looks ok. I have to be missing here...Any ideas?
    Lifes to short to stress on little things.

Re: fluctuating pump pressure

does it start that way and then smooth out?
    pending on time of day here in nebraska it can vary up to 4 psi.
    pressure will vary with temp changes...
    also try from different jug of conditioner, possibly a bad(thicker) batch?
    It's been awhile but I have much more to share!!!

Comment

You should be fine as long as the pressure doesn't fall below 10psi. Is it jumping around? If it is dropping slowly across the house it is usually a sign of the oil being stored in a cool place and the viscocity changing as it circulates through the pump. You might also check your oil-tank vent valve. If you have a valve that is failing, the pump start to lose pressure across a conditioning run. I'm not sure about a Kustodian, but you can check them on a Phoenix-S using the "test output" function.
      PBA member since 2001, laneman (Phoenix-S), pinsetter mechanic (A-2) and pro-shop (Innovate mill-drill plus) owner/operator. Hopefully I can eliminate two of those titles in the next year. Can you guess which ones?

Comment

Oil filter on a Kustodian?

Comment

air in the lines will also cause the psi to fluctuate.

Comment

ive noticed a similar problem (?) on my brand spanking new Kustodian. I figured it was the temp and humidity (the same things i blame the erratic shot conditions on..) and in the end, just changed out the 6'' section of hose with the 8 1/2''. Im using Brunswick Control. What a thick, nasty tempered bugger that is.
            The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

This has been an ongoing problem with our Kustodian since we got it 3 years ago. One time its the filters, another its was changing oil brands, then a valve, etc etc. All i can say is youre not alone with this problem. I guess we'll have to let Kegal help us figure this out. And the laughing starts in 3....2....1...

Comment

I'm another one with Phoenix-S experiance. As the machine starts to go down the lane, the guage will fluntuate each time it shuts off and starts again back across the lane. Each time the load of oil stops at the end of left side. the pressure will go back up till the valve opens again going to the right. Same thing when it closes on the end of the right load.

Besides the inline filter from the oil tank, there is also a filter inside the tank. At least on the Phoenix-S there is.
                When your filter starts to plug up, you'll get the oil pressure dropping down below 10 lbs.
                Hope this helps,
                Marv
                77 E-250 4x4 van

Comment

I just pulled my tank and I'm draining the oil out, going to flush it and put fresh oil in. When I got home last night I thought about the filter inside the tank as marv249 said. We'll see what happens. I'll keep you informed.

Thanks for all the info guys.

Comment

Originally posted by *70*PinMonkey:
                    ive noticed a similar problem (?) on my brand spanking new Kustodian. I figured it was the temp and humidity (the same things i blame the erratic shot conditions on..) and in the end, just changed out the 6'' section of hose with the 8 1/2''. Im using Brunswick Control. What a thick, nasty tempered bugger that is.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">By the way,my Kustodian is only 5 months old.

Comment

I don't think that your filter inside the tank should be plugging up in 5 months!
                      Mine took about 7+ years. It is about 5 or 6 inches long. My small inline filters were getting plugged up in about 3 weeks. I asked Kegel if there was a filter inside and they said "yes".
                      If your funel is not wiped out and covered with a cloth each time you use it. It will collect lent from the air. Then into the tank when you fill it.
                      I am now using a cone type paint filter inside my funel. You would be amazed at the amount of lent and hair that it keeps out of the tank.
                      I also use a brass screen inside my stripper funel.
                      I don't know if I said anything to help, but hope so.
                      Marv
                      77 E-250 4x4 van

Comment

Originally posted by marv249:
                        I don't think that your filter inside the tank should be plugging up in 5 months!
                        Mine took about 7+ years. It is about 5 or 6 inches long. My small inline filters were getting plugged up in about 3 weeks. I asked Kegel if there was a filter inside and they said "yes".
                        If your funel is not wiped out and covered with a cloth each time you use it. It will collect lent from the air. Then into the tank when you fill it.
                        I am now using a cone type paint filter inside my funel. You would be amazed at the amount of lent and hair that it keeps out of the tank.
                        I also use a brass screen inside my stripper funel.
                        I don't know if I said anything to help, but hope so.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Damn good idea. It's the paper looking filters correct (for your funel)? I think I'll start doing that myself. I pm the machine daily and keep it coverd when not in use,but there is always dust floating in the air.

I've cleaned all the filters and flushed the tank, fresh oil. After all the bowlers I have on the lanes right now get done, I'm going to give it a run.

Comment

You can remove the in-line filter from the oil tank and replace it with regular tubing. Kegel has a bulletin about this on their website. I remove mine and the pressure stays more consistent. It still drops slightly (2 psi) over 32 lanes. There was also a bulletin about replacing the electric vent valve with a manual one.

Pete

Comment

The machine good after everything I did in my post above. Started at 17 psi and finished at 16 psi (12 lanes).

Thanks for the info poplarpetey, I'll take a look at Kegels website.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse