Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kustodian

I have a kustodian that isn't spraying cleaner. I've replaced all filters, blew out all the lines, even went so far as to replace the pump. Its still not spraying worth a darn. I can use the prime pump button but can only get decent spray out of 3 jets. But when the machine is being ran it barely sprays out of one. Is it that my pump is starving for power? Not getting enough juice to really pump? Why would it spray better with the prime button but not on the lanes? This is a major headache. About ready to throw this machine in the river. Before I replaced this pump the last pump blew a fuse (1st fuse in 4 years) the last pump was run dry for about 6 lanes on at least 2 occassions, and was also running a mixture of oil and cleaner because one of my ex employees wasn't so bright.

I did notice that my machine plug has a couple of posts that aren't exactly tight, and there is some gunk on the wires just as it comes out of the boot.

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Re: kustodian

Pay very close attention to the jets they may have very fine grit in them
    the reason it sprays better with the prime button it that you press it down for longer
    you could change your spray on time in the program to a longer duration that may make some improvement or you could reduce your spray off time so the sprays are closer together
    we have had no trouble with ours on the factory settings but we did change the last spray distance
    to 50 feet
    i don't need mods, i am a bloody genius

Comment

Casey, A few things to check, would be the vent valve; as this machine is 4+ years old, i am assuming that you still have the electrical vent valve on the cleaner supply tank. Next would be the In-tank filter, Also, check the lines from the cleaner supply tank to the cleaner pump, if the machine is sucking air through any of the fittings.
      Ex-Mech
      The 45/70 Goverment is the only Goverment I trust

Comment

The ends of the hoses should be cut at a 45 degree angle so if the hose gets in any coupling it won't persay bottom out. I had a hose that was cut 180 and had the same problem, I gave the hose some angle and everything was back to normal. So, check all connections and pull them apart starting at the pump until you find the problem.

Drill
        Drill

David Bolt
        Champaign, IL
        USBC Silver Coach
        IBPSIA BOD
        IBPSIA Advanced
        Technical Certified
        Pro Shops

Comment

Originally posted by Drillmn300:
          The ends of the hoses should be cut at a 45 degree angle so if the hose gets in any coupling it won't persay bottom out. I had a hose that was cut 180 and had the same problem
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Just curious... how do you cut a hose 180 degrees [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Larry The Table Guy:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Drillmn300:
            The ends of the hoses should be cut at a 45 degree angle so if the hose gets in any coupling it won't persay bottom out. I had a hose that was cut 180 and had the same problem
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Just curious... how do you cut a hose 180 degrees [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Parallel to the bottom of the tank.

Comment

Inline filter from cleaner tank if not cleaned or even proper one cuts down on fluid flow which cuts out your spray results too.

Comment

I have the kustodian had a problem like that and it was the cap on the pump had hairline crack in it so it could not get the pressure it needed.
                TJC

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Larry The Table Guy:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Drillmn300:
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Just curious... how do you cut a hose 180 degrees [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Parallel to the bottom of the tank. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LOL... yes Jerry, I know you're sticking up for your brother (and that's admirable)... but technically the hose itself would be cut at a 90 degree angle.

It would be a fun game to play with a pinchaser though. "Here son, go cut this hose off at a 180 degree angle".... "Whadayamean you can't"!? "Aww hell, just cut it off at 360 degrees then" [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Just curious... how do you cut a hose 180 degrees [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You heat it up until it is at the right temperature.
                    Drill

David Bolt
                    Champaign, IL
                    USBC Silver Coach
                    IBPSIA BOD
                    IBPSIA Advanced
                    Technical Certified
                    Pro Shops

Comment

Originally posted by Drillmn300:
                      You heat it up until it is at the right temperature.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LOL...thanks Drill [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

You know, this really isn't fair. You two are like "The Joker" and "The Riddler"...
                      and I'm just Batman flying solo without a Robin.

Jim Dorsin where are you when I need you???

Comment

You heat it up until it is at the right temperature.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LOL...thanks Drill [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

You know, this really isn't fair. You two are like "The Joker" and "The Riddler"...

Jim Dorsin where are you when I need you???
                        </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LMAO [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Still here. just a watchin now.

Comment

Originally posted by EX-MECH:
                          Casey, A few things to check, would be the vent valve; as this machine is 4+ years old, i am assuming that you still have the electrical vent valve on the cleaner supply tank. Next would be the In-tank filter, Also, check the lines from the cleaner supply tank to the cleaner pump, if the machine is sucking air through any of the fittings.
                          Ex-Mech
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Fixed. The vent line going back to the tank is smaller at the end than the rest of the line. If anyone has messed with it or replaced it with regular line, it won't work.
                          Still here. just a watchin now.

Comment

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Larry The Table Guy:
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Just curious... how do you cut a hose 180 degrees [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Parallel to the bottom of the tank. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LOL... yes Jerry, I know you're sticking up for your brother (and that's admirable)... but technically the hose itself would be cut at a 90 degree angle.

It would be a fun game to play with a pinchaser though. "Here son, go cut this hose off at a 180 degree angle".... "Whadayamean you can't"!? "Aww hell, just cut it off at 360 degrees then" [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Wade, Robins in limbo for now…So I’ll give you a hand against the tag team from hell. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Using crude measuring equipment such as drill bits, I found:
                            The inside diameter of 1/4” tubing is 1/8” with 1/16” wall.
                            The reduced hole in the coupling is 3/16” with 1/32” wall.
                            The distance from the wall of the coupling to the center of the “O” ring is 3/16”.

Using the above data…a 45 degree cut would extend the bottom of the cut 1/16” past the center of the “O” ring and you would have a leak. According to my calculations and measurements you would need to cut the angle (measured from the top) greater than 53.13 degrees to 90 degrees to keep fluid from leaking past the “O” ring

A 90 degree cut would not restrict any flow since the reduced hole for the coupling is 1/16” larger than the hole for the tubing. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Triac

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You are more like the Lone Ranger.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse