Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Product For Protecting Lane Machine Cosemetics

~New Product On The Market~

Does your lane machine look like the pictures above, due to carelessness? Wish you could do something to prevent it from happening any farther? Boy do I have a wonderful program for you!

Buy a unit like this , and lay the fencing around any areas you wish to keep the lane machine from touching. Take the collar, and hot wire it to external metal parts of the machine. If the machine gets to the fence, the lane machine operator will get a nice zap!

Train 'em like a dog.

In all reality, we're not careless, we just have a <span style="font-style: italic">real</span> badly placed pipe, on the higher end of our house. So as you're coming down the ramp from the front end of the house, you have to finagle the machine in between the pipe and the final pinsetter.

Here's two pictures, for an idea.

Any body else how nice damage to their machines like that? It stinks when there's not a whole lot you can do about it.

Now in all seriousness, I do have a question for anybody with experience with an Authority 22.

We seem to have a lot of problems with our breakers snapping, and we (nor can the Brunswick Help Desk) seem to figure out why.

Typically it's the one that is closest to the rear of the machine (the end that would be facing the bowler's area, if the machine is sitting on a lane). Normally it'll snap when it's about 40 feet down the lane (approximately where the machine stops oiling) on the pass down to the pinsetter.

But, here's a little twist. Take out the breaker, and replace it without a new one, and the machine will work fine for a week or two. Then it'll start snapping maybe once a day, then two or three times, and eventually end up snapping every five or six lanes. But my supervisor claims the one time he put in an old breaker that he already took out (since we had run out), and it worked fine for another few weeks again.

Is it possible the connection from the breaker to the wires is just coming loose from vibration?

And I just wanted to ask a general consensus here of other A22 owners/operators. Does any one else have constant problems with their machine? It seems we can't go a week or two at the most without having some problem creep up, and it's not like we don't take care of the machine. It is cleaned daily, and gets a thorough cleaning every Wednesday. The machine is also only about two years old or so, as we got it after our old machine was destroyed by about five feet of water entering the back end of the house.

Thanks for enduring my looong posts. I apologize.

Re: New Product For Protecting Lane Machine Cosemetics

I thought that protecting the machine with a nice plastic coating is what started the thought process with guardian, it is the only use I have ever had for it.
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Comment

My 2 year old Ion looks like new.

However it is not nearly as cumbersome to move about.

The Ion has handles strategically placed as to control the machine.

Comment

sounds like the machine is drawing
        more amps than the line is rated. if you
        are running the machine on a shared line
        as far as an outlet series, then you will
        trip a breaker. if the machine is tripping
        a breaker when it is using alot of components
        at the same time on a shared line then you will
        also trip a breaker. it will only take an amp over
        capacity to do this. you might be using a line close
        to its max and all the components in the machine
        activated at the right time will trip the breaker.JMO

Comment

Re: New Product For Protecting Lane Machine Coseme

Originally posted by A2nut
          sounds like the machine is drawing
          more amps than the line is rated. if you
          are running the machine on a shared line
          as far as an outlet series, then you will
          trip a breaker. if the machine is tripping
          a breaker when it is using alot of components
          at the same time on a shared line then you will
          also trip a breaker. it will only take an amp over
          capacity to do this. you might be using a line close
          to its max and all the components in the machine
          activated at the right time will trip the breaker.JMO
          When you say you think it's drawing too much electricity from a shared line, you mean the outlet we have it plugged in to?

I apologize, I mean the breakers in the electrical box of the machine as getting tripped.

Comment

The lane machine should be on a dedicated line. What is the total distance of line, lane machine cord and branch circuit from the breaker box to the lane machine, and what else is on the branch circuit?

Comment

Which breaker is popping? The drive motor, main power? It's helpful to know which breaker is popping as it will help you isolate which component(s) are suspect.
              Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
              Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
              Cloth: ShamWow!
              Machine: Johnny 5
              Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Is something else plugged into the outlet your using for the lane machine,if so...unplug that item then run the machine.
                The lane machine needs to operate on it's own outlet.
                Is there a soda machine or a ball polisher,etc using the same outlet,if so...unplug that vending machine so the lane machine can be on it's own.

Comment

How old is that machine?!?!?

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse