Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durabowl bumpers

how do you guys stop the spring from comming off the loop on the rails?
    Nick

Re: Durabowl bumpers

Is it a hold up spring (not auto bumper) or the far end spring (you have autobumpers)? In either event, sounds like it is stretched. Both should have some tension at shortest length to prevent it from coming off.
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Manual bumpers. its the holding up spring...they have been popping off since they were installed many years ago.
      Nick

Comment

The angle for that spring is steeper as it's about 1/2 the length of the other one.
        I think the only thing you can do is close the little hook around the end of the spring. Might dab some grease on it afterwords at to help it pivot within the hook.

Another thought. If you limit the position when raised so it doesn't go all the way past center to the stops, the spring would still have a bit more tension on it. This would require a small piece of cable (wire rope) on the other side of an upright, length set it will allow the bumper to go past center when up, but hold it just short of the stopping point.
        This solution, though, seems a bit excessive to install.
        But you could shorten the springs a few rounds.
        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

I will try shortening the spring a bit. Thanks.
          Nick

Comment

Press the loop of the spring close using a pair of pliers or needle nose pliers. Problem goes away. We have been doing this process for years when installing AMF bumpers. Also glue the end caps, this is another problem that we see in many Centers when we do Lane work.

Ed J.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse