• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kickback plate

best way to repair holes on side where the kickplate goes
    http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...WheelinBob.jpg

Re: kickback plate

I have, in the past, routered out a square larger than the hole 3/16 inch deep. Then fabricated a metal plate to fit into the routered area. Drilled the plate with countersunk holes that would support 3/8" countersunk wood screws 2 inches long. I used 8, but the hole wasnt very big. The plate was 6" X 6". Predrilled the kickback with plate in place, then put 2 part epoxy into the holes and ran the screws in. Then secured the kickback plate over the steel plate using glue and screw nails (no nails at the steel plate). It made the area very solid and never came loose. If you didn't know it was there, you could never tell...unless you noticed the lack of nails in that area of the plate. Hope this helps you...anybody else have any ideas?

------------------

Just my two cents worth...

Steve
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse