Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaky Roofs and Wood Lanes

Anbody have ides on the quickes way to dry out a wood lane and approach after a roof has leaked on it, everytime it rains at night we always come in to find a new leak or two. As of know we put oil abosrobant on it, but leaves a big mess. Any ideas?

Re: Leaky Roofs and Wood Lanes

I would fix the roof. If you have a barrel roof - put up some visqueen and run it into a 5 gallon pail and empty it after a rainfall. Otherwise put a fan on that wood to dry it out.

king

Comment

I've used electric blankets before...have to becareful though.

Comment

Quote:]<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 82/70 king:
        I would fix the roof. If you have a barrel roof - put up some visqueen and run it into a 5 gallon pail and empty it after a rainfall. Otherwise put a fan on that wood to dry it out.

king
        </font>[/QUOTE]

That's funny stuff! I thought I was the only one that worked for people like that! We had the visqueen (aka plastic) hung up but instead of useing bucket's (we had so many leak's it was to hard to keep track of were the bucket's were) we would hang a funell under the bottom point of the plastic and connect vinyl tubeing to the funell and run it to the slop sink. We must of had 40 tube's bunched up in that sink!!!!
        Ed

------------------
        Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

You know you have probs when new leaks spring up during the middle of league. The problems with our roof is the building is an metal barn big enough for a 24 lane house. So the rook leak and water goes through the lower celiing.

Comment

I've never tried it, but cat litter might be cheaper to use. Or maybe you can get some sawdust from the local mill or home depot.

Good luck,
            Jonas

Comment

I can relate to your problems. I have used salt and fans in the past. Also I have covered lanes at night with strips of visquine full length. Better to have the water in the gutter than on the lane. After lanes have been wet, postpone sanding as long as possible because if you sand off the swollen high boards, after drying they will become low.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse