Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way TOOOOOO Much Oil

OK,
    A certain genuis in our center decided to flood the lanes three days in a row in a hosue where we strip once a week. He did it after complaints of dry lane conditions. Know Oil is everywhere, and sopped the pin and is collecting on the deck chutes. This is reiduclous, i shouldnt mention the nighmare we had on fri and sat night with all the ball return calls. What is the best way to get the oil off the chutes?

Re: Way TOOOOOO Much Oil

I'm from an amf backround but the only logical way i see of getting rid of the problem is to clean. Maybe with a lane cleaner diluted 5-1 or more untill it is all gone. And to reprimand the a&&hole who took it upon hisself to solve your lane problems.

Comment

Yeah, that's something that should regularly be done anyways... Perhaps as a partial reprimand, (If you're in a position to do so, and ~you~ weren't the offending individual <grin> you might require this fella to do a couple just-clean shifts. 8 hours of cleaning duty ought to give him a little more respect for results of conditions, and will undoubtedly be a good thing for the machines, too.

...yeah, ~I've~ been known to give a little extra oil in the middle for those days when I ~know~ the pinchaser's been slacking off... Give him a few ball calls through the night [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] (...who, ~me~??? )
      Oldsmagnet -- Sidney MT

Comment

Clean...clean...clean. Not much more you can do. If you use carpet covers, wash all of them. If you don't...start. Wash everything the pins touch, including the pins. We use Murrey's pinsetter cleaner cut 4:1. Removes all the oil from all of those parts. Good luck...
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I would have to agree with JBEES and everyone else on this one but would add that if the person who increased the oil is not back there chasing calls maybe he should be.One night of that kind of hell would help educate him.

Comment

Reminds me of an incident years ago when I had a pinchaser try to help out by stripping the back end before leagues only he used DBA
            511 lane cleaner and polish instead of stripper. Talk about OORs and ball calls!!
            Didn't get through practice balls before we shut down for 30 minutes and restripped!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X