Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way TOOOOOO Much Oil

OK,
    A certain genuis in our center decided to flood the lanes three days in a row in a hosue where we strip once a week. He did it after complaints of dry lane conditions. Know Oil is everywhere, and sopped the pin and is collecting on the deck chutes. This is reiduclous, i shouldnt mention the nighmare we had on fri and sat night with all the ball return calls. What is the best way to get the oil off the chutes?

Re: Way TOOOOOO Much Oil

I'm from an amf backround but the only logical way i see of getting rid of the problem is to clean. Maybe with a lane cleaner diluted 5-1 or more untill it is all gone. And to reprimand the a&&hole who took it upon hisself to solve your lane problems.

Comment

Yeah, that's something that should regularly be done anyways... Perhaps as a partial reprimand, (If you're in a position to do so, and ~you~ weren't the offending individual <grin> you might require this fella to do a couple just-clean shifts. 8 hours of cleaning duty ought to give him a little more respect for results of conditions, and will undoubtedly be a good thing for the machines, too.

...yeah, ~I've~ been known to give a little extra oil in the middle for those days when I ~know~ the pinchaser's been slacking off... Give him a few ball calls through the night [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] (...who, ~me~??? )
      Oldsmagnet -- Sidney MT

Comment

Clean...clean...clean. Not much more you can do. If you use carpet covers, wash all of them. If you don't...start. Wash everything the pins touch, including the pins. We use Murrey's pinsetter cleaner cut 4:1. Removes all the oil from all of those parts. Good luck...
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I would have to agree with JBEES and everyone else on this one but would add that if the person who increased the oil is not back there chasing calls maybe he should be.One night of that kind of hell would help educate him.

Comment

Reminds me of an incident years ago when I had a pinchaser try to help out by stripping the back end before leagues only he used DBA
            511 lane cleaner and polish instead of stripper. Talk about OORs and ball calls!!
            Didn't get through practice balls before we shut down for 30 minutes and restripped!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
            Working...
            X