Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approacher with guardian on the lanes

Hey guys,

I have been at a small ten lane center that has relatively low linage for three years now. I have been turning wrenches on AMF machines for a really long time and enjoy the game and the customers, for the most part. However re-finishing is not my best suit.

We have guardian 60’. The owner likes to have the approaches screened and a new top coat put on the whole approach every summer. They have been doing this for 6 years now going into the seventh. Now the finish is impossible to keep looking nice and it has so many coats built up on it the approaches are hard to work with. The slide area has a normal amount of finish on them and could use a coat, but the back part of the approroach is thick with finish.

The boss wants the whole thing done every summer but man its getting hard to keep the back of the approach looking nice because it has so much finish build up. Calling in a refinsher to do only the approach is out of the question because he got the Guardian so he would not have to deal with refinishing.

Now we are at the end of another season and the machines are running good and everything looks nice but the approachers.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Approacher with guardian on the lanes

It is time to drum sand the approaches. There have to be peaks and valleys in the finish and wood for proper sliding action. There is entirely too much finish on those approaches. There has to be a resurfacer in the area who will do the job. They may not do it during the summer however they should be able to do it during September. Do yourself a favor and take out the foul lights so they are the same level as the lane and not on a "mountain" of approach fill.

Jerry

Comment

"ditto"

JEFF KUHNLE
      TWIN OAKS LANES
      TOLEDO OHIO
      WE ARE NOW REALLY TWIN OAKS LANES.

Comment

Guardian Jobs Should Sand the Approaches Every 4 to 6 Years.So You Don't Get a Build-up of Finish.When You Do Screen and Coat Approaches. Screen Heavy They Look Better and Slide Better.Any Other Question Please Call.We Have Guardian Down on 600 Lanes.
        Kenny McCaman

Comment

IM sure Ken could fill you in better then I but.....I would recomend useing 60 then go back and hit it with 100 grit. Keeps them looking nice between cuts.

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
          Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse