Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No slide spots

I took off my no slide spots.

Where some of the spots were....the deck is rough where the spot was.

ALL of the adhesive has been removed from this deck where the spot was.

Has anyone else seen this happen?

Haven't noticed but will be checking it out now.
    Mike

Comment

Looks like the adhesive might contain a custic acid.
      I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

I have been using mine for 2 to 3 years now...

I redo them every year...

They feel rough to you ? After i clean all adheision off i see kind of that look in your picture but they feel smooth...

Mike
        DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

After seeing you photo I pulled one lane worth. I see the same halo effect and my anvil decks are damaged.it feels like an etching. I think I'm agreeing with PJ, there is an acid of some kind in the adhesive. UGH!!!

Comment

Sort of the same for me last weekend I pulled of a NPS sticker from the 5 pin spot and pulled some printing the black from my synthetic pindeck. You still see some sticky leftover because I did not cleaned it yet, I removed it because it was damaged and the 5 pin fell over because it was spotted on the edge of the sticker. I only use them on the 4,5,6,7,8,9,10 pins.
            P1100512.jpg

I also took a picture of the 1 pin witch is on the same pindeck witch is less damaged because there was never a no pin slide on it.
            P1100513.jpg
            It's on Active synthetic pindeck btw.

Comment

I used some of these and to be honest still got some oors on these lanes beit at a greatly redused amount. I have also seen this happen to my decks. But I have just went to putting auto oor kits on and get the deadwood when I have too. seems like a much better long term fix and no damage to the decks
              Do it right and you wont do it twice!!!

Comment

I don't know if it would be from the adhesive of the sticker or ant cleaner that gets underneath it. Lane cleaner is extremely aggresive. I still believe the pinspots are a band-aid for the real issue. Usually if your lane machine is working properly and your pattern has good taper, you don't need those pinspots.
                Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
                Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
                Cloth: ShamWow!
                Machine: Johnny 5
                Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Originally posted by shamefowjze View Post
                  I don't know if it would be from the adhesive of the sticker or ant cleaner that gets underneath it. Lane cleaner is extremely aggresive. I still believe the pinspots are a band-aid for the real issue. Usually if your lane machine is working properly and your pattern has good taper, you don't need those pinspots.
                  And flat bottom pins....

Mike
                  DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Polyvinyl acetate is a component used in many adhesives.

Charlie
                    Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

what are auto oor kits ?

Comment

Auto oor kits are a Brunswick A2 part
                        Nick

Comment

Auto oors kits allow the pinsetter to complete its cycle with out the mechanic coming and pulling the oor lever. So the only call you get is deadwood, if there is deadwood. I think they make clearing deadwood safer takes the guess out of weather a bowler is gona launch a ball down the lane at your ankles, because they called the deadwood and are waiting on you to clear it!
                          Do it right and you wont do it twice!!!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse