Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheap 91% alchol

Does anyone out there know where to buy cheap 91% alcohol. Currently I am using 70% because the 91% is just to pricey for my liking.

We get ours from a medical supply house. Roughly 2.50 a gallon. You could ask your local drug store to order in bulk for you.

Comment

Have you checked grainger ?

Mike
      DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Yes I tired grainger tried grainger, I was just wondering if any knew of a better deal.

Comment

I used to use this stuff called Isoclene. Its Isopropanol cleaning fluid which comes in a 250ml spray bottle, although I'm sure you can buy it in drums. Reading from the label its 99.7% pure isopropyl alcohol for technical maintenance. Hell, still using it now...Just on our trains!
          Always used it on all electrical connections throughout the GS's and 70's also works pretty damn good as an approach cleaner to get rid of them sticky spots on wooden lanes. I'm not sure I would recommend using it on synthetic lanes though as the alcohol may start to break down the protective laminate stuff.
          Also very good for opening up fingertip inserts on bowling balls!
          Oh, and works good as a cleaner in the sense that it breaks down grease and general dirt build up.

Hope this helps!

StockEngineer
          Last edited by StockEngineer; 01-15-2012, 11:59 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

If you call your cleaning supply company they should be able to get isopropyl alcohol in 55 gal. drums. You get 99% and you can mix whatever ratio you want with water. If your water is not good you can buy distilled water to mix with.
            (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

I am amazed that so many use alcohol as a cleaner, due to the fact it is flammable. It's what I used in science class bunsen burners.
              It is kinda like using gasoline as parts solvent.
              It is more expensive but I highly recommend Zep Arrosolve II [ electrical cleaner in a airosol can]. And Top Solve in a one gallon can.
              It does not burn and works better.
              Just thinking out loud.
              Later Chief

Comment

Id try http://westcochemicals.com/ContactPage.htm and if they can't help you they can probably point you in the right direction.

Chief is 100% correct it is very true that alcohol is highly flammable, but so is practically every single rust breaker or spray on lubricant out there. Let me ask you this, does your center or home have natural gas? if safety is observed then using alcohol as a cleaner is no more dangerous than cooking a hamburger.
                BTW we use kerosene in the parts washer. and we have 3 extinguishers in the back, one of them is about 36 inches from the washer.
                When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Comment

We switched from 99 % to 70 % because it cleans better.
                  Television is called a medium because it is neither rare or well done.

Comment

Gasoline is flammable AND it's vapors are explosive which is the real danger. Alcohol will combine and dilute with water. Liike virtually everything we do in life, common sense needs to be excerised and certain procedures followed...........you can choke to death from eating food.

Comment

[QUOTE=...........you can choke to death from eating food.[/QUOTE]

Mama Cass comes to mind.
                      Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

Originally posted by interwhat View Post
                        Does anyone out there know where to buy cheap 91% alcohol. Currently I am using 70% because the 91% is just to pricey for my liking.
                        Heck you can make your own with some sugar and yeast, and...... Oops wrong thread, sorry!
                        Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

pay the extra, get the good stuff... makes school holiday headaches disappear if applied in the right quantity!
                          We get 99% from our cleaning supplier.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse