Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing synthetic lane panels

Looking for opinions as to how long lane panels ( AMF or Brunswick ) should last with normal linage and maintenance. 25-30 lines per bed, strip and oil at least once a day.

panels

Should last 20 yrs if maintained and installed properly.

Comment

I'm one whom believes if the approaches and settee areas are kept clean (minimizing the movement of abrasive material getting to the lanes), the lane surface can and should last as long as a wood lane. We're overlaying 50 year old wood lanes now, and if the maintenance isn't stepped up in these centers, the lane and/or approach will prematurely be worn out. what we're putting is is a permanent replacement, not one that can be resurfaced.

My primary issue with a synthetic lane is, when they need to be replaced, can you get replacement panels that will match both thickness and color as each batch of laminate is a different photograph printed onto paper, and laminated into a panel that you are going to place next to one that was printed 'x' years ago.
      This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Longevity of synthetic lanes has a lot of factors. Both Grunt and Ted are correct. Todays high tech bowling balls act as saw blades trying to get as much friction as possible to make that left hand turn out of the box. The configuration of the synthetic lanes plays a part. Is there a seam in the sliding area that might cause a premature wear pattern? Is the lane thickness 3/8" or 7/16". Our synthetic lanes should last 20-25 years if maintained properly. Really, the ball rolling area should last longer. The ball drop area (last 2' of approach and first 10' of lane) takes the most punishment. But, with individual 12' synthetic lane panels, all you need to do is replace the worn out panel. We still support our synthetic lanes from 1981 and the panel manufactured today looks identical to the panel of 1981. Synthetic lane technology has advanced in leaps and bounds over the last 15 years.

Comment

Kudos to the Murray group who look at QC from the panel color point of view! Although I've not replaced any Murray panels, others I have. And I've seen after as little as 2 years (read different print batches), the replacement panel didn't match the remaining lane panels in color.
          This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

One other factor many bowling center neglect is the condition of the house balls. You cannot believe the damage chipped house balls can do to a lane surface. If the high tech balls act like saw blades, chipped and cracked balls act like chain saws. I have seen it first hand where Fred Flintstone's bowling ball looked better than half of the house balls. Make it a habit to have customer service get those bad house balls in for repair or into the trash. Your synthetic lanes will love you for it. Also, customers are less likely to cut themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by murreyinternat View Post
              One other factor many bowling center neglect is the condition of the house balls. You cannot believe the damage chipped house balls can do to a lane surface. If the high tech balls act like saw blades, chipped and cracked balls act like chain saws. I have seen it first hand where Fred Flintstone's bowling ball looked better than half of the house balls. Make it a habit to have customer service get those bad house balls in for repair or into the trash. Your synthetic lanes will love you for it. Also, customers are less likely to cut themselves.
              ......GREAT POST.......
              DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Brunswick was talking about sanding/polishing synthetic panels at the last tradeshow I was at. Is this a possibility? I've got 16 years on my proanvilane and we are a high lineage center and strip and oil twice and sometimes 3 times a day. My lanes hook!

Comment

Read this tread.
                  http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...211#post461211
                  I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse