Clear All

• PJ
    replied
    Read this tread.
    http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...211#post461211

Leave a comment:

• pinshooter
    replied
    Brunswick was talking about sanding/polishing synthetic panels at the last tradeshow I was at. Is this a possibility? I've got 16 years on my proanvilane and we are a high lineage center and strip and oil twice and sometimes 3 times a day. My lanes hook!

Leave a comment:

• MASTERMIKE
    replied
    Originally posted by murreyinternat View Post
    One other factor many bowling center neglect is the condition of the house balls. You cannot believe the damage chipped house balls can do to a lane surface. If the high tech balls act like saw blades, chipped and cracked balls act like chain saws. I have seen it first hand where Fred Flintstone's bowling ball looked better than half of the house balls. Make it a habit to have customer service get those bad house balls in for repair or into the trash. Your synthetic lanes will love you for it. Also, customers are less likely to cut themselves.
    ......GREAT POST.......

Leave a comment:

• murreyinternat
    replied
    One other factor many bowling center neglect is the condition of the house balls. You cannot believe the damage chipped house balls can do to a lane surface. If the high tech balls act like saw blades, chipped and cracked balls act like chain saws. I have seen it first hand where Fred Flintstone's bowling ball looked better than half of the house balls. Make it a habit to have customer service get those bad house balls in for repair or into the trash. Your synthetic lanes will love you for it. Also, customers are less likely to cut themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Ted
    replied
    Kudos to the Murray group who look at QC from the panel color point of view! Although I've not replaced any Murray panels, others I have. And I've seen after as little as 2 years (read different print batches), the replacement panel didn't match the remaining lane panels in color.

Leave a comment:

• murreyinternat
    replied
    Longevity of synthetic lanes has a lot of factors. Both Grunt and Ted are correct. Todays high tech bowling balls act as saw blades trying to get as much friction as possible to make that left hand turn out of the box. The configuration of the synthetic lanes plays a part. Is there a seam in the sliding area that might cause a premature wear pattern? Is the lane thickness 3/8" or 7/16". Our synthetic lanes should last 20-25 years if maintained properly. Really, the ball rolling area should last longer. The ball drop area (last 2' of approach and first 10' of lane) takes the most punishment. But, with individual 12' synthetic lane panels, all you need to do is replace the worn out panel. We still support our synthetic lanes from 1981 and the panel manufactured today looks identical to the panel of 1981. Synthetic lane technology has advanced in leaps and bounds over the last 15 years.

Leave a comment:

• Ted
    replied
    I'm one whom believes if the approaches and settee areas are kept clean (minimizing the movement of abrasive material getting to the lanes), the lane surface can and should last as long as a wood lane. We're overlaying 50 year old wood lanes now, and if the maintenance isn't stepped up in these centers, the lane and/or approach will prematurely be worn out. what we're putting is is a permanent replacement, not one that can be resurfaced.

My primary issue with a synthetic lane is, when they need to be replaced, can you get replacement panels that will match both thickness and color as each batch of laminate is a different photograph printed onto paper, and laminated into a panel that you are going to place next to one that was printed 'x' years ago.

Leave a comment:

• grunt
    replied
    panels

Should last 20 yrs if maintained and installed properly.

Leave a comment:

• GreskoJ
    started a topic Replacing synthetic lane panels

Replacing synthetic lane panels

Looking for opinions as to how long lane panels ( AMF or Brunswick ) should last with normal linage and maintenance. 25-30 lines per bed, strip and oil at least once a day.

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
Working...
X