• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phenolic kickback plates

Phenolic kickback plates from Brunswick
    21-088675
    $157 each

Phenolic kick plates from EBN = much cheaper. Phenolic kick plates from Felix Erickson = $79 AMF and $84 Bruns.

Comment

I get a sheet of plastic from a local plastics co. cut it up and bevel the edges. (cheap)

Comment

We also manufacture the canvas backed 3/16" thick phenolic kickback plates. Many techs are not fans of the newer plastic style.

Comment

Originally posted by murreyinternat View Post
          We also manufacture the canvas backed 3/16" thick phenolic kickback plates. Many techs are not fans of the newer plastic style.
          If not installed right they will stretch and bubble. I use a brad nailer, every 1 1/2 in. top to bottom leaving a 2 in. gap at the bottom where the ball touches.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Western Pacific $72
              I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Originally posted by 8270king View Post
                Phenolic kickback plates from Brunswick
                21-088675
                $157 each
                Dam near choked on my dinner,

Holy crap.....
                DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Originally posted by rivmike View Post
                  If not installed right they will stretch and bubble. I use a brad nailer, every 1 1/2 in. top to bottom leaving a 2 in. gap at the bottom where the ball touches.
                  Very interesting,

A brad nailer......Hmmmmmm that would be easier, U glue also ?
                  DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERMIKE View Post
                    Very interesting,

A brad nailer......Hmmmmmm that would be easier, U glue also ?
                    You can glue but it does'nt stick to plastic, but it will fill up any voids from hammer dents and stuff.

Comment

My biggest trouble with kickback plates is getting the old glued ones off. Usually come off in many pieces. I install the new ones with drywall screws (countersunk). No glue. I don't have any problems with the screws.
                      (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

I also use Durham's rock hard water putty to fill up the voids.
                        (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse