Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin Deck Repair

I have 24 year old Brunswick synthetic pin decks...is there an effective way of repairing the loss of material over time in the pin spots of the pindeck? I recall somebody using ball plug material. Anybody have a good method to repair them and the pros and cons of doing such a repair.
    Nick

You can drill them out with a 2 1/4" hole saw , and either glue or epoxy in a standard fibre pin spot. The depth of the 2 1/4" drill can either be set by a stop collar on a standard pin spot bit, or drill it shallow with any 2 1/4" metal hole saw bit. And either use a router to make it flush or make sure the stop collar is set at the exact depth.
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Ted, Im a little squeemish about taking a hole saw to my pin decks....my synthetic pin decks are not in bad enough condition yet for me to want to do a proceedure like this....yet. Maybe in another 10 years when they get worse.

In the mean time, would filling in the existing damage with a lane epoxy or ball plug help reduce the wear and tear in that area?
      Nick

Comment

Brunswick makes a lane patching epoxy that is durable, flexzble and stays very well in wood heads and decks, the only question is if it will adhere to a synthetic surface. Ball plug is normally too hard and brittle and ends up cracking.

Comment

I know some old synthetic decks that had new spots put in them years ago and are still holding up good today. Also I would use the quick patch as it does not stand up to the beating in the pindeck area.
          Do it right and you wont do it twice!!!

Comment

Me - I'd not put any surface repair on the spot unless I could make sure the material would bond to the pin deck. I'd AT LEAST, drill out the surface of the spot with a hole saw and install a material that is not too brittle (ball plug with extra hardener a no-no). You can put in that fiber pin spot and route it flush with the pin deck.
            "A fiber pin spot is the best spot replacement for older synthetic pin decks" - Quote me on that......
            This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Ted is spot on here - and 99.9% of the time

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse