Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The right oil for my lane surface and lane machine?

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The right oil for my lane surface and lane machine?

I have murrey mml-3000 lanes (never saw these come up in any threads here, are they cheap or uncommon?) and am using prodigy lane oil in a 6 pad crossfire machine. The lanes seem to be very high friction and no matter how much i flood the middle of the lanes, they seem to hook in the midlane after a game or two, even with the house balls. when its fresh it will hold but the back end has a ton of hook. Im wondering if i should be looking to try a different oil? I had read in another thread that prodigy is not a good choice for a high friction surface. However i also read that an old buffer brush could cause the lanes to hook early. Any insight would be helpful. I am a bit lost here. Thanks.

1. You have the best oil for your machine
    2. Change your brush immediately after the season ends
    3. Post your pattern, and cleaner, and cleaner strength

Prodigy is the best oil that goes through a wick machine.

Your ball reaction can be fixed.

Comment

I use defense-c cleaner at a 5 to 1 ratio. The pattern i have been using is the kegel wall street pattern. i dont have the numbers in front of me but will post tomorrow morning. my center is actually part of an entertainment center and is not league based, so i can change the brush immediately. however, i have seen enough league bowlers bowl here, as well as myself and few co-workers, to see these issues. the overhooking reaction makes it very unpredictable.

Comment

Do you have leagues?

Comment

We don't have leagues. We are purely open play, birthday parties, and groups and corporate outings. That being said, i would obviously like the house shot to be fairly easy for the bowlers that do come in with resin balls or anyone who throws a hook to roll a good game on.

Comment

Ok...post your pattern

Comment

Ok this is my pattern:

Pattern Distance: 41 ft
              Fwd shift to 2nd speed: 18 ft
              Fwd shift to high speed: 35 ft
              Zone 1 Pads off: 80 inches
              Zone 2 Pads off: 90 inches
              Zone 3 Pads off 35 ft
              Fwd Travel Buff out: 40 ft
              Reverse Shift to 2nd Speed: 36 ft
              Reverse Shift to low Speed: 18 ft
              Drop brush in Reverse: 40 ft
              Zone 3 Pads on in reverse: 36 ft
              Zone 2 Pads on in reverse: 90 inches
              Zone 1 Pads on in reverse: 80 inches

Comment

I would start by extending the pattern if your only running 35ft fwd and 36ft rev then the patterns so short its always going to play dry. Because the ball has almost half the lane to hook on. Try just going to 38ft fwd and 39ft rev. That should be a good starting point for mellowing the shot out.
                Do it right and you wont do it twice!!!

Comment

I do not agree with clemster 151...for the reason you need lengthwise taper - 6' of buff is the minimum you want

Please try the pattern below

Pattern Distance: 41 ft
                  Fwd shift to 2nd speed: 18 ft
                  Fwd shift to high speed: 35 ft
                  Zone 1 Pads off: 80 inches
                  Zone 2 Pads off: 180 inches
                  Zone 3 Pads off 35 ft
                  Fwd Travel Buff out: 40 ft
                  Reverse Shift to 2nd Speed: 36 ft
                  Reverse Shift to low Speed: 18 ft
                  Drop brush in Reverse: 40 ft
                  Zone 3 Pads on in reverse: 36 ft
                  Zone 2 Pads on in reverse: 180 inches
                  Zone 1 Pads on in reverse: 80 inches

Comment

I'm going to disagree with Jerry.

Prodigy may not be the best oil for a pad machine. The viscosity or Prodigy is just below the point of which an oil will wick and recover properly. Prodigy is not a bad mach up for your surface and open play situation, but may not be for your machine. Prodigy can be hit or miss in a pad machine, and since the Crossfire is completely different than a PX pad it may not wick the same.

Crossfire or Offense LV would be two better choices from Kegel. LV would be my first choice out of those two.

As for the patterns they look ok but I think 80 inches for zone 1 it a bit much. Every Crossfire I dealt with, if I went more than 24 inches for zone 1 I would get serious OB.
                    Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
                    Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
                    Cloth: ShamWow!
                    Machine: Johnny 5
                    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Originally posted by shamefowjze View Post
                      I'm going to disagree with Jerry.
                      That is acceptable in your case

He wanted more skid...I was trying to keep him away from going to something like Infinity

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll give the changes to the pattern a shot. As far as the out of bounds you speak of, i know exactly what you mean. i was thinking of bringing zone 1 back a bit. I find there can be an out of bounds area outside of 5 but too much hook inside of ten.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse