Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cross wise tilt.

The center i'm at is only 3 years old. I was not here at install, but this last year some of our lanes were out 140. What could cause this, building settling?
    Why yes, we wax them everyday!

I'd look at the places that you can find that have moved from spec and see if it's a certain section of the lane area. If it is, you may consider the concrete has settled. The shifting can be seen, most of the time, by looking under ball return capping, or taking out a few round gutters in the area.
    If you have random spots that are way out, could be the attachment between the 2 x 10s (or I-Joists) and the levelers isn't good - which could be install technique issues.
    There is another scenario I have seen, and argued fervently against, is fire blocking the foundation. This traps moisture and causes everything to swell and come lose. You may see lane panel gaps larger than when installed - a telltale sign.
    The fix will, of course, depend on the problem found.
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

It is like half the house, and what kind of shifting should I be looking for?
      Why yes, we wax them everyday!

Comment

Cracks in the concrete where one side of the crack has obviously moved higher that the other.
        But, if it's half the house, my money is on one of the other 2 probabilities.
        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• jim willing
          So... I was thinking...
          by jim willing
          (always a portent of disasters to come)

And I've been thinking toward the ever endless list of maintenance items for the summer (my wife gets really worried whenever...
          03-09-2005, 03:44 PM
        • Lafarge..
          I have a Dilima
          by Lafarge..
          Hi guys I know it has been a while since my last real post so here it goes. Ok I am in a new house I know surprise right. Anyway 1- 12 is in ok shape but around 13-14 the foundation...
          08-31-2008, 09:00 AM
        • Kurt
          Foggers
          by Kurt
          Has anyone tried routing there fog through pvc or other piping? I want to get our foggers out of the attic. I thought of a cool effect of running about 10 3/4 inch tubes under...
          02-18-2000, 01:39 AM
        • Mechanick
          Tail Plank
          by Mechanick
          Ok...I am refering to a problem I am haveing on may lanes with what I believe to be the tail plank. It is the 2x8(estimating- havn't gone to measure it) that is at the end of...
          07-06-2011, 01:04 PM
        • Alastair
          protruding shims
          by Alastair
          Have HPL lanes here and the shims used near the foul line have begun to move and stick out the sides of the lane.
          Generally they move to the right side, but some have started...
          07-29-2007, 08:07 PM

A2 1 to 1 Gear Box Cover Replacement Due to Crack

I am refurbishing two converted A2 machines that I will be installing in my home basement this fall. One of them has a leaking gear box and cracked 1:1 gear box cover. I have...

Streamlane Mask Halo Lights

With huge thanks to "Toby" for all his help & expertise...my old masks now have for-real halo lights again.

Baddest Tool Chest In Town

Adios, motor boater!

Aluminum Repair and Welding

with our broken moving deck i have been asked to figure out if there is a way we can weld it back together in house for very little expense.
        http://aluminumrepair.com/...

Setting Table Harness Connections

Hi, guys.

We recently replaced our setting table harness and when the machine's run in diagnostic mode, we get 01, 02, 03, 04 + 09 errors, or when you place pins...

check this jam...

the ball stuck the table up

Working...
        X