Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sliding pins

What are some of the better methods of stopping out of range pins on newly installed synthetic pin decks?

Uniflex waterbased basecoat. Paint roller ( 8" square over the spot)

Comment

Originally posted by rivmike View Post
      Uniflex waterbased basecoat. Paint roller ( 8" square over the spot)
      It is illegal to coat synthetic decks with lane finish

I would be checking the cleaning part of your machine ...and look at your pattern for correct lengthwise taper

Comment

There is a difference in thinking your decks are clean and knowing your decks are clean. Everytime we spot pins its a cleaning related issue, either the machine isn't correct of the ratio of cleaner to water or type of cleaner is incorrect.

Comment

King, I understand the rules, when it comes to all the rules this does'nt do anything but stop people from getting pissed off. You can use other products to do the same thing. Are they legal because they've paid to be approved.

Comment

Originally posted by cdsand5 View Post
            What are some of the better methods of stopping out of range pins on newly installed synthetic pin decks?
            Please ost your pattern here so we can see how it looks

Comment

Originally posted by rivmike View Post
              King, I understand the rules, when it comes to all the rules this does'nt do anything but stop people from getting pissed off. You can use other products to do the same thing. Are they legal because they've paid to be approved.
              I am all for bending the rules ...however it is not needed to rid yourself of the sliding pin issue....unless you use Twisters

Comment

Originally posted by 8270king View Post
                I am all for bending the rules ...however it is not needed to rid yourself of the sliding pin issue....unless you use Twisters

I also have noticed a sliding pin issue when it comes to twister pins. The same goes for Diamond Duramid pins, which are not around any more, but may be the same as the us strike pins (because Ebonite aquired the DD company plant equipment )
                Nick

Comment

It is illegal to coat synthetic decks with lane finish

Id fight that one. Been putting base coat on decks for years. Gerald, do you have a link to were this rule may be read? I wouldnt mind shooting an e mail off to the USBC.

Thanks
                  Charlie
                  Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

http://usbcongress.http.internapcdn....ecs-manual.pdf

Page 29 - Surface

Comment

I'm sure it could be argued that the next page covers the "pin deck" which in my mind would separate it from the regulations of the lanes since they have taken the time to cover both areas and and the pin deck regulations does not mention the same as the lane that it may not be altered. That may explain why its never been a factor in the centers that I ran with the decks coated. Just a thought to ponder.

Thanks for the link.

Charlie
                      Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Could be - they do allow the no slide spot - however they also say the coating must be tested for approval.

I would think that if someone submitted base coat for approval - marked EBN on the can - there could be some profit in doing so

Comment

So as usual, workin man has an easy solution, but govt is in the way.

Comment

I would think that if someone submitted base coat for approval - marked EBN on the can - there could be some profit in doing so

Maybe I could mark it up 600% and retire.

Charlie
                            Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

sliding pins

Originally posted by cdsand5 View Post
                              I clean my lanes daily during leagues and every other day i go down with a magic eraser pad and cleaner and clean the pin decks, I hardly ever have any OOR's
                              and that also gives me a chance to look things over

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X