Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ted again

ted read the post on sanding first u say u use use paper on the g machine what grit do u open with and is it psa or do you spray the drum then apply the paper and also u use only two grits what do u close withu also use a sealer ive heard about but never used it can u tell me what it is .havent cut lanes in awhile just curious as to what has changed since ive done it.dont know if i mentioned it but have my own sanding equipment and learned form the master himself dan g spent 2 months probably 20 years ago why time flies doing our centers but since have changed to full synthetics in one center and heads only in another center but have 2 centers w wood any help would be appreciated

Originally posted by jas View Post
    ted read the post on sanding first u say u use use paper on the g machine what grit do u open with and is it psa or do you spray the drum then apply the paper and also u use only two grits what do u close withu also use a sealer ive heard about but never used it can u tell me what it is .havent cut lanes in awhile just curious as to what has changed since ive done it.dont know if i mentioned it but have my own sanding equipment and learned form the master himself dan g spent 2 months probably 20 years ago why time flies doing our centers but since have changed to full synthetics in one center and heads only in another center but have 2 centers w wood any help would be appreciated
    Most of the time, we used 36 grit on the G. Occasionally, if there were 4-8 coats of finish, I'd use 30. It was paperback, never PSA. I'd spray a light coat on the drum while it was running after cleaning it, then spray a little on the first 20" of the paper to get it to hold on the drum as i put it on.
    I'd only use one grit on the G. with 36, we'd follow the G with 80 on a super sander. Starting at the end of the head and running it first back to the foul line, then just flat to the tailplank and back to the foul line. Only when i hit a bunch of nails with the G did i have to hit the head an extra time to minimize the grit scratches.
    After the 80 on the super, it's still 80 - 4 trips with 80 paper on the rotary, then 80 screen on a rotary. The sealer before the base coat was the ticket making it less important to completely close the grain so the base coat would stay on top of it.
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
    Working...
    X