Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaner Ratio

Center Info: 20' Guardian then Wood backends. Cleaner: Defense C, Conditioner: Infinity. Pattern Length: 39ft. Machine: Sanction Standard AC. Everything in our machine was set up by Kegel pattern included. The rep was there about 2 years before I began working there. Our backends are vicious to say it nicely. What would be a good cleaner ratio that could be used to tame them a bit?
    It only took two years and two new owners to finally be allowed to come in and work on lanes before we open........

what is your current cleaning ratio
    Nick

Comment

Current is 5 to 1
      It only took two years and two new owners to finally be allowed to come in and work on lanes before we open........

Comment

Experiment with different cleaning ratios.

keep increasing the water increments in the tank: 6 to 1, 7 to 1, 8 to 1, meanwhile checking that with each increment of water added, that the lanes are still getting really clean, and that your backend reaction has not gotten too weak.

For example:

Start with an empty tank. If you start with a 1:6 ratio you can make a mix of 600ml cleaner and 3600ml water. Burn 1 lane and bowl on the next one dressed...this will clear out some of the stronger cleaner mix from the lines (clean and oil seperately to see how well the lanes are getting clean). Then add 600ml more water to the tank, rock the machine back and forth on thew approach to mix the cleaner a bit, and now you have pretty close to a 1:7 ratio cleaner. Burn 1 lane, and bowl on the next......continue until you see lanes are not getting cleaned or until the backends are not as strong as you like, and use the ratio prior to this point.

I have done something like this in the past to set my cleaning ratio. I have 25 year old synthetics with big backends, I am using judge cleaner and was able to get my mix ratio to 11:1 while still having clean lanes and pretty strong backends.
        Nick

Comment

I have wood lanes and also use Defense C. When I used 5 to 1, my backends were FLYING too. I now use 9 to 1 and still have good backends, but not to the point of unplayable. Saves the boss on cleaner cost too as you don't use as much.
          Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

6-1 would be the weakest I would go

Then lengthen your pattern to 42 feet

Report back your findings

Comment

King, why 6-1 at weakest. Defence C was developed to remove Defense S which was a bast#rd to get off the lane. Is Infinity hard to clean? I would think he could go weaker with it. I use Invincible with A-22 conditioner and am at 9-1.
              Television is called a medium because it is neither rare or well done.

Comment

Originally posted by JBing View Post
                King, why 6-1 at weakest. Defence C was developed to remove Defense S which was a bast#rd to get off the lane. Is Infinity hard to clean? I would think he could go weaker with it. I use Invincible with A-22 conditioner and am at 9-1.
                At one time I said clean with weak solution

I have changed my thinking for the following reasons

1. On weekends the lanes do not get clean with carry down
                2. Wood lanes are harder to clean
                3. When you get a lane clean - you know what you have - when you are on the borderline you never know how dry the track / back ends are

The difference between 3 and 4 caps to 2.5 gallons of CX-4 is about an arrow of hook....and on days with extra open play...the lanes are even tighter

I believe in getting the lanes clean

Comment

I will have to wait on the cleaning ratio because today I went in and we had a make up team bowling so I was about to run the machine and low and behold no power what so ever. The machine is getting power from the plug but that is as far as it goes. So now I am waiting to see what the owner/boss is going to do until then looks like on the hands and knees to strip and a lane caddie or whatever its called to get at least a little oil on the lanes....

Comment

Check the rocker switch on the dashboard to turn power on / off - someone may have switched it off

Comment

It is in the on position. I can literally get nothing out of the machine. We have had no problems with the machine lately and then boom this happens.

Comment

Did not think to check the kill switch. I am going to hope that is it, because at this point I am fearing the worst.

Comment

It was not the kill switch so its looking like a call to Kegel

Comment

Originally posted by 8270king View Post
                            At one time I said clean with weak solution

3. When you get a lane clean - you know what you have - when you are on the borderline you never know how dry the track / back ends are

I believe in getting the lanes clean
                            I'm on your side!!!

Comment

Hmmmm! Makes me wonder, who is selling cleaner here? It was not that long ago that we only stripped 2-4 times
                              a year. Sure you want clean backends.
                              If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X