Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lane certification

I am wanting to look into learning how to certify lanes. Is there a training course or who would I get ahold of

I would suggest speaking with your local association.
    (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

You can visit Bowl.com. They have a certification program on-line.

http://www.bowl.com/Equipment_Specs/...Features/CLIP/
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

we have had lane certification the one issue i was just told about is "cross tilt" .
        I have never heard of this term can someone enlighten me.

Comment

Cross tilt is how level the lane is gutter to gutter.

Comment

Only 40 thousands, You will need a level from the assoc. or a resurfacer.

Comment

At the distance the inspector checked...the tilt of the lane from gutter to gutter was more than .040 inches. This means you will need to level the lane (at least bring it to within .040) at that location. You do not need to level the entire lane...just the location they specified. This does not mean that the rest of the lane does not need to be within .040...just they they are only interested in that spot...this year. Next year might be a different location.
              Main Event Entertainment

Comment

I went to the CLIP link and printed out the lane certification 'manual'. Am I understanding this concept correctly? Pay USBC $10, have unlimited access to taking the exam (i.e. have your printed material ready to utilize while taking the exam). Shell out a little cash for some inspection tools and you are a 'qualified inspector' who can charge centers to inspect their lanes?

ok, found more info and it makes it seem a little more legit...

"Please note that the training program will not "certify" and/or provide a number to those individuals that successfully completethe program. However, individuals that pass the exam will receive a certificate and a card.
                Upon completion of the CLIP, we recommend that you contact your local bowling association. The local association will be able to provide the hands on training that will assist you in becoming a fully qualified lane inspector."
                Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

i my CLI from vincennes back in the day. Sparks made us work to get it to..

Comment

The only people that can charge a center for inspections is the local association. No individual is allowed to do that. The program on Bowl.com is only the study guide and test. Any association that would allow you to help them is going to ask you to show them you can do the measurements. Most associations are looking for volunteers to help do this annual project...which rarely nets you any money as the fee money usually goes to the association to help buy the tools and other needed items.
                    Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X