Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about capping paint

100_0089.jpg100_0090.jpg100_0091.jpg100_0092.jpg100_0093.jpg100_0094.jpg Hello, I have been rebuilding my capping and wondering If I can paint with industrial enamel (oil based) Or do I need the two part epoxy enamel? Yrs. ago the owner got waterbased latex enamel and it marked the balls, so I covered the edges with lane finish. That's why I'm sanding them clean and starting over. (prime/paint) I got the wood milled at a local wood shop.

To tell ya true, leaving the sides natural with a poly coat, and painting the tops would look nice. JMHO
    Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

I would go with two part epoxy
      It will cost at the beginning but will last for years with little or no maintenance up keep

Comment

Epoxy sucks...it will chalk in time

Use 2 part Urethane paint from PPG

Comment

I used enamel automotive paint from napa last summer, they came out real nice... of course its only been one year of holding up to the abuse but I'm happy so far and if my memory serves the cost was around $400 ( 16 lanes ) didn't think that was too bad. I sprayed mine with hvlp gun (outside of course lol ). Did you spray yours King?

Comment

Im in the process of going through and painting all of mine. Stripping them down to the last 2 coats then one quick coat of primer then 3 coats of behr gloss porch and floor paint. Just buy it from home depot. You can spend $1000s on super high quality paint, 2 part, one part, epoxy, urethane etc... if you dont prep it right it wont last. which is the reason I have to do mine. special thanks to the guys before me
            Giving bowlers less to complain about, one lane at a time

Comment

I am with Gym on leaving them natural.....we removed all the paint from ours years ago and coated with a polyurethane and have not touched them since....looks good with the wood lanes and you don't have to worry about changing color ......but to each his own....JMO.

Comment

i have alot of broken wooden capping. trying to figure out how to repair them. didnt know they could mill these capping at a wood shop. might have to try that
                amf 82-70
                B2000
                quibca

Comment

My upper capping was'nt all bad, just the cribbing underneath (it has the L cut out to lap over the gutter. My last 12 lanes had the all in one cap and the bottom strip needed to be chiselled off and the new strip glued and stapled on. Then the small cap was bad all over, so I got some 1"x6" hardwood and ripped it in 2 and it made two perfect 2"3/4 inch caps. I put the new flat cap down the lane and belt sanded the transition and after paint you won't know the difference.

Comment

www.Ipaint.us

Nice site with a huge selection of specialty paint.

Comment

I always roll my capping...brush the side

Comment

Last time I had wood gutters/capping I just used some Floor/Porch paint from Home Depot. Decent price and didn't mark balls.

Comment

Any suggestions for wooden gutters. Last time they were painted, they were done with an industrial alkyd enamel. It was done before i started so I would assume they did not do any prep work, just painted over previous surface without any washing, sanding, etc. There's many spots where the paint has chipped away showing the original color. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                          Working...
                          X