Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filling the gap again on some Brunswick capping.

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filling the gap again on some Brunswick capping.

We have white(ish) plastic PVC capping from brunswick for our underlanes and its cracked down the middle none of them are all the way end to end but I'm a little worried its only a matter of time before a foot goes through. I tried Oatey PVC cement (yes I used the cleaner/primer) and the Oatey red jar all purpose stuff but nothing seems to hold up. Anyone have a repair suggestion or are we stuck with 800 bucks a section replacement costs?
    When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Can you get some decent gauge tin and pop rivot it on the backside. Sheet metal guys can bend it if needed.

Comment

I guess I could if there was a big enough flange on the rivet to not pull through the PVC... I'd still have to trim it to fit up in there. HMM ill take one off and post a pic tomorrow.
      When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Comment

I have a guy down the street (sheetmetal place) that can make anything. Shear it and bend it. Got to be cheaper to fix than replace. I would use 3/16 rivot (large head) and a washer on the backside.

Comment

I do not allow my people to chase deadwood down the capping unless there is no other choice

Have them throw a ball to and correct the score

Comment

I disagree with throwing a ball at deadwood. If the head of the pin is facing the bowler, the head of the pin is forced down into the gutter...possibly cracking the gutter. Even if you instruct them to throw the ball slow...other bowlers will see it and throw at their deadwood without being told. They might not throw the ball slow and the end result is broken gutters over time.

My mechanics catch all deadwood from the back. They also note what gutter it was in and which way it was facing. This can help determine how it got there. The best way to "clear" deadwood is to be sure it doesn't happen. JMO
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
            Working...
            X