Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• super slick approaches

recently got lanes and approaches recoated Wood lanes & approaches They were always kinda slick but know are super slick. Any way to slow them down a bit? Water base finish. Any kind of product available? Thanks for any advice

I had the same a month ago, Just push a damp cloth with the approach mop daily. The sanding dust get bounced out of all the cracks. Couple weeks of bowling breaks them in.

Comment

I would not do the damp cloth thing - all you are doing is removing approach finish you just aid for
      Rule#1 Never re-coat approaches

Always fully sand approaches - when you re-coat there are no ridges of wood to act as a brake to your foot

Approach finish goes into the grooves on newly sanded approaches - when you re-coat it fills the ridges and makes the approach smooth like an ice skating rink

Comment

Originally posted by 8270king View Post
        I would not do the damp cloth thing - all you are doing is removing approach finish you just aid for
        Rule#1 Never re-coat approaches

Always fully sand approaches - when you re-coat there are no ridges of wood to act as a brake to your foot

Approach finish goes into the grooves on newly sanded approaches - when you re-coat it fills the ridges and makes the approach smooth like an ice skating rink
        Like King said is best.......If you do feel the need to re-do the approaches, screen the p!ss out of them with some good 80 grit. If Poplarguy has some bowlers like some of mine, those that can't get the ball across the line, he might have some ball-burn in that front section.
        WE ARE NOW REALLY TWIN OAKS LANES.

Comment

Vacuum clean them daily for 14 days, and the dust will disapear

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
          Working...
          X